We are looking for an ambitious, self-driven individual who is passionate about games, game development and driving our company strategic communication plans into our loyal gaming communities. You will be an evangelist and specialist in our studio answering a broad range of questions and representing our business with accuracy and enthusiasm.
Hothead Games is 200 people that make free-to-play mobile games. We are one of the world’s top publishers in the first person shooter and sports genres. We have offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia. We move fast, we do amazing work and we have a lot of fun doing it.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the marketing team to support strategic marketing and communications plans and brand messaging.
- Work with Management Team to support company strategic goals and company communication plans.
- Work with Development Teams to enable building and supporting vocal fan communities providing a clear flow of communication between the games and their players.
- Create, manage and grow the company’s presence through Twitter, Facebook, blogs and others strategically influential online properties in line with company communication plans.
- Building and supporting player communities both in game, online and with live events including tournaments and esports competitions.
- Own the communication efforts around game updates, balance changes, fair play, competitive play and player education, so our players don’t get caught in the crossfire
- Develop time-sensitive, effective communications plans when there's a perception crisis underway, and evaluate and report on player sentiment.
- Track and report consumer sentiment across social media channels and use data to make informed recommendations to game teams and management.
- Supporting the content marketing team in being a voice on social media, primarily via written content, but also video and livestreams when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years experience actively engaging in gaming communities, through blogs, forums, conferences.
- Superior communication qualifications. Ideally you write well, present well, navigate through difficult questions and circumstances well.
- Demonstrate an ability of being concise and still drive the highest and cleanest quality of messaging.
- International game community and brand management experience
- Self-driven individual that is proficient in time management, can easily articulate and execute strategic goals
- Passion for social media and knows how to spearhead viral/trending content
- A passionate gamer who understands how games are made and the people who make them
This is a permanent full time position for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street.
We offer a great compensation package that includes your salary, vacation, extended health, dental and vision care benefits. Some other nice to have’s include an in-house gym, RRSP Matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports event, summer BBQs, snacks, beer and amazing people to work with!