The Senior Brand Manager, Lotto 6/49 is responsible for all aspects related to the advertising, marketing and product management of Lotto 6/49 and BC/49 with the objective to drive growth and maximize revenue and profit.
The role is responsible for the strategy development and creative execution of an integrated national and regional marketing plan, including TV, Radio, Print, Outdoor, Digital, Media Planning, and Promotional Activations, and for monitoring player feedback to develop, research and launch new game enhancements concepts and features. In addition, this role provides informal functional leadership to the organization; leading cross functional projects, coaching/mentoring Brand Managers and acts as the subject expert/senior specialist to the organization on lottery marketing related matters.
The role will also work as part of a national marketing committee with other Canadian lottery jurisdictions to manage the advertising, marketing and product development of Lotto 6/49.
- Leads, and is accountable for, the development of diverse, creative, and highly complex and specialized brand plans and strategies for assigned portfolio. Provides significant input in the development of overall marketing strategies for the category.
- Responsible for the creative development and production of integrated marketing campaigns, including TV, Traditional Media, Digital and Media Planning.
- Proactively and reactively provides innovative marketing solutions and identifies opportunities and enhancements by using highly advanced analytical, conceptual and imaginative techniques; conducts significant research, identifies future trends and best practices to developing marketing approaches; facilitates and leads collaborative brainstorming and analysis with the team and demonstrates significant creativity in developing broad, future focused marketing and communication strategies with organizational impact.
- Provides significant input into strategic business plans and product plans. Highly involved in forecasting financial resource and operational needs for expenditures and budgeting within the assigned portfolio and the department.
- Proactively builds, develops, maintains and manages strong working relationships with various internal departments, in addition to various suppliers, advertising agencies, media, community, regulatory and government bodies, to ensure successful development and execution of marketing plans and initiatives. Provides on-going coaching and leadership to Brand Managers throughout the category but also throughout the Lottery Marketing department on all marketing related matters. Informally supports Brand Managers in their development and growth.
- Participates in a national marketing committee with other Canadian lottery jurisdictions to manage the advertising, marketing and product development of Lotto 6/49.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in a marketing or business discipline;
- 5 to 7 years current, related experience within a marketing environment;
- Advertising Agency experience or familiarity with TV Production is an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Expert knowledge of principles, concepts, practices and techniques in the areas of brand management or product management;
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans;
- Proven experience at the brand manager or the marketing specialist role(s);
- Excellent innovation in problem solving and demonstrated analytical thinking;
- Ability to validate product proposals against business needs, strategize solution implementation and identify implementation risks;
- Proven leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task with close attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite);
- Advanced understanding of lottery gaming, and the entertainment trends both within BCLC and other jurisdictions;
- Solid comprehension of Gaming criteria under the Criminal Code of Canada is preferred;.
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset.