Resonance is an interdisciplinary creative company that shapes the future of places and products with strategy, storytelling and design. Our clients range from cities to wineries to hotels and real estate developments throughout the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean.
We’re seeking a senior level Art Director with a minimum of 5 years experience to create and maintain the visual look for all the work on our accounts, making sure the client's marketing materials are visually engaging and the selling message is clear whether it be in print or digital format including websites, magazine and newspaper advertisements, digital advertising, brochures, presentations, environmental graphics, merchandise, or interactive presentations.
The Art Director is responsible for the creative output of Resonance in its Vancouver studio with oversight of the creative team and creative processes; the ideation, presentation and execution of client branding and marketing communications campaigns; the profitability and creative quality of client projects, and the operational readiness of the creative team, all in fulfillment of our brand promise to our clients, including:
- Delivering strategic communication solutions that help our clients attain their marketing and communications objectives
- Listening, asking, hearing, prioritizing and translating client situation, marketing goals and information into strategic brand concepts, voice, messages and rationales
- Collaborating and contributing to the creative process as a leader of a creative team, and as a member of the management team
- Continually learning, evaluating and implementing new marketing communications technologies within the agency and for client campaigns.
- Directing the creative function so that the environment, culture, team, capabilities, tools, processes, expectations, work style and other elements support the strategic goals and brand of Resonance.
- Ensuring that our creative product remains leading edge and ahead of our competition
- Ensuring that our high quality of creative and production is upheld, maintaining consistently high standards for him/herself and others on the team
- Leading the unified process of marketing/concept/design and post-production execution
- Leading the unified process of marketing/concept/design and interactive/web/video/motion graphics
- Understanding Resonance’s strategic goals and brand; analyzing the creative team, environment, processes, technologies, etc., to determine areas needing improvement; and building and directing a creative function aligned with and supportive of those goals.
- Make decisions on a daily basis that ensure both profitability and creative quality
- Set expectations and standards (build a culture) for creative team attitude, behaviour, teamwork and professional development. Lead accordingly.
- Work within Resonance’s Employee Handbook and ethical standards and ensure the creative team knows and follows those standards.
- Direct the activities and professional development of creative team members, including conducting staff reviews, taking corrective actions and recommending promotions
- Study the creative marketplace, assessing where Resonance’s work stands against competitors’, as well as our clients’ competitors’ creative work.
- Drive constant improvement in Resonance’s creative quality and capabilities.
- With the account lead, assure that internal and client presentations are on time, professional, engaging, persuasive and supported by a sound rationale
- Assure that timely and informative communication takes place between the creative function and the partners, account team and clients
- Contribute to the strategic and creative development of the agency’s marketing and branding efforts for new business development
- Ensure self and staff development in web-based and interactive marketing capabilities
- Ensuring the professional development and readiness of the creative team