Clean water and reliable electricity are at the heart of what we do and we are growing. We proudly keep the lights on and the water flowing in over 100 communities across North America and are adding new lines of business including drainage and natural gas. With a rich 125-year history, EPCOR has ambitions to be one of North America’s premier providers of essential services, and we have the top employer and sustainability awards to prove it. If you’re looking for new opportunities, people who care and work that matters, apply today to find a career where you matter more. Check out epcor.com/careers to find out more.
EPCOR has one (1) permanent full-time position available!
Public & Government Affairs is seeking a skilled Senior Advisor, Marketing to join our marketing department. You will be responsible for providing marketing support primarily for the new Drainage business Unit. Responsibilities will include leading the development, coordination and execution of multi-platform (advertising, print, digital, event) of both internal and external marketing campaigns on behalf of the Drainage business unit to be delivered in alignment with corporate brand and other business unit strategies.
Reporting to the Marketing & Creative Services Manager, the Senior Advisor, Marketing is accountable for, but is not limited to:
- Providing counsel and assistance to P&GA and business unit clients to develop marketing strategies, plans and tactics that align with objectives and resonate with the audience and lead to a change in consumer behaviours.
- Leading the development and production of various creative assets including: online ads, mail-outs, print/production pieces and advertising in support of business unit focused marketing strategies.
- Working within client established budget parameters and making marketing recommendations that align accordingly.
- Ensuring integration of multi-channel marketing strategies across multiple lines of business.
- Liaising with appropriate operational groups to ensure consistency in messaging, marketing approach and customer/account service.
- Ongoing tracking of initiative(s) performance to align results with outlined performance metrics.
- Coordinating, editing and producing materials such as publications, PowerPoint presentations, information releases, collateral, newsletters and other documents as required by operational activities.
- Providing guidance (messages, materials, training) to external-facing employees on brand and stakeholder communications materials.
- Managing external suppliers/vendors and stakeholders on behalf of EPCOR, including agencies, printers, research groups, and other consultants as necessary.
- Coordination of priorities, workflows and invoices across stakeholders, vendors and contractors to ensure initiatives are delivered on time and budget.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree from a recognized North American post-secondary institution in one of the following fields: B. Comm. - Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications Management is required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of marketing, digital marketing, corporate communications, and/or advertising are the primary relevant work experiences.
- Advanced ability to write and edit marketing and communications plans and materials targeted at different audiences (e.g. key influencers, senior management, Business Development employees).
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office Suite software applications. (Word at an advanced level; Power Point and Excel at an intermediate level).
- Demonstrated effectiveness at making verbal presentations and selling ideas and strategies.
- Strong understanding of digital mediums including the publication, promotion and analytical assessment of core digital channels, namely Facebook, Twitter, various websites, and other cloud based applications.
- Knowledge of design and creative applications (Adobe Creative Cloud) for the development of online, print, video and or production materials.
- Understanding of and experience with the North American electricity and water industry would be considered an asset.
- IABC or CPRS certification would be considered an asset.
As our best candidate you are able to understand and assess complex issues and respond on the fly to changing priorities and objectives. You employ sound judgment and decision-making to ensure the delivery of highly public marketing and communications messages, maintain the confidence of the leadership and protect and enhance EPCOR's corporate reputation. With demonstrated skills in verbal communication, teamwork, project management and multi-media coordination, you maintain the highest standards of personal integrity supported by open and honest communications. You are able to work effectively in a cross-functional setting, delivering multiple projects spanning a large variety of timelines, while working with others to meet the shared delivery and success of marketing initiatives.