- one temporary (up to 12 months with possibility of extension)
Are you a ‘people person’ with strong communication, consultation and leadership skills? Service Ontario's Organizational Development Branch is looking for someone with expert communication, consultation and leadership skills to develop and implement employee communications and engagement programs within ServiceOntario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- lead the development and implementation of strategic business and communications planning in support of employee engagement
- provide specialized and consultative advice to employees at all levels of the organization
- implement programs/services aimed at increasing employee engagement and awareness
- foster and maintain effective partnerships to retain open lines of communication
Location: 777 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
Communication, Facilitation and Relationship-Building Skills:
- you can prepare and present communication plans and materials and research findings, reports and various corporate correspondence
- you can build and maintain effective relationships and partnerships across the organization
- you demonstrate negotiation and facilitation skills to effectively lead projects and work teams
Leadership and Consultative Skills:
- you have knowledge of change management, communications and organizational development methods to provide consultative advice for planning and evaluation of programs
- you can provide expertise and coaching to management and staff to support change and communication initiatives
- you can build teams through employee engagement and the delivery of forums, workshops and training events
- you have knowledge of current government directions and priorities to ensure compliance and alignment with business strategies
- you have knowledge of and experience with policy and program development and industry best practices including human resources and communications
- you understand communications and engagement techniques to effectively deliver presentations, forums and workshops
- As a result of the recently agreed to AMAPCEO collective agreement, a new job evaluation system will be implemented on October 1, 2013 and the job code identified in this posting is subject to revision. In the new job evaluation system, the classification level of this position has not yet been determined.
Salary range: $73,443.00 – $95,213.00 per year
Please apply online, by July 12, 2013, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 54490 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.