Be part of a small team, doing big things, where you can have a huge impact!
At Case Study Buddy, we make it easy for amazing companies with happy customers to turn those success stories into sales.
We’re looking for a full-time Senior Account Manager in Canada to help us deepen client relationships, drive repeat business, and create an amazing customer experience as we continue to grow.
The ideal person could be…
- A sales & marketing strategist who loves the client relationship/strategy side and would love to focus there,
- A proven account manager and relationship builder looking for a place with more flexibility, autonomy, and impact,
- Someone with strong communication, strategy, and organizational skills who thrives on working with people
- Someone that is excited to be a part of and influence the growth and development of a fun startup
You’ll spearhead the account management department, client strategy, sell customers on best-fit solutions, and bring a friendly human face to the powerful storytelling process we’ve built over the past five years.
Who we are
- Founded in 2016
- Based in Calgary with an international team
- Fully remote from day one
Case Study Buddy is a global go-to team of specialists that leading B2B brands trust to tell their customer success stories in a way that connects, convinces, and sells.
Clients ranging from funded start-ups to the Fortune 100 count on us to make the experience as frictionless as possible and give their customers the white-glove treatment.
We’re on a mission to be the best in the world at telling customer success stories across all mediums: written, audio, and video.
What we value
- Curiosity: We take a focused and genuine interest in finding the heart of the story, the hidden opportunity, and the new way of thinking.
- Connection: From our team to our customers, we treat people like real people. We build, nurture, and prioritize relationships.
- Initiative: See a problem? Solve a problem! We step up, take ownership, and do whatever it takes to get the job done right. Without waiting to be asked.
- Integrity: We do what we promise and own the outcome, sharing the wins and taking accountability for the missteps.
- Excellence: We refuse to settle for “good enough” and would rather redefine best practices than blindly follow someone else’s.
What does success look like in this role?
As Senior Account Manager, you’ve got two big goals:
1. Help our clients—and accounts—grow.
You’re a savvy strategist, helping clients explore new ways of driving sales from customer success stories. You make sure they’re tracking performance and take ownership of ROI.
With targets on…
- Growing new business (through onboarding, kick-off, etc.)
- Growing business with existing clients
You generate repeat business and help clients find solutions that fit their goals by keeping customer success stories—and Case Study Buddy—top of mind.
2. Create an incredible customer experience.
You’re an internal champion and advocate: checking in, following-up, and obliterating uncertainty whenever it rears its ugly head.
Clients have confidence knowing you’re ‘on the job,’ and you help our team better understand how we can delight them at every turn.
What does that look like day-to-day?
Manage Account Management Department
You are in charge of the account management department with support from the leadership team. You support and collaborate with your account manager, set & achieve sales targets, improve sales processes and reports to help drive the department forward for growth.
Manage ongoing customers
You stay in regular communication with clients to keep them on top of finding new customers to feature, highlight new assets we can create together, and create opportunities for ongoing work.
Hop on inbound sales calls and emails
You go in with a confident understanding of the customer’s sales/marketing activity and objectives. You sell the client on the formats and packages that fit and show them exciting opportunities they may not have realized were possible.
Our modular approach keeps this quick. You might send a quick video message to recap the call and share how excited you are to work together.
You’ll review client briefs, conduct a kickoff call with stakeholders, and get everyone aligned. When new points of contact emerge, you’re there to set expectations and build a relationship.
Collaborate with project managers
You communicate client needs and expectations to the project manager who drives the bus on execution. You’re kept in the loop on what’s being done, when, and why.
Conduct new client reviews
After a client’s first project, you sit down to review what went well, what could be improved, and what we do next to define the strategy for ongoing work.
You’re a great fit if you…
- Have a knack for communication & strategic marketing
A history in communications, sales, & marketing would be a major asset. You understand what great content marketing looks like and you’re excited about helping clients strategically tell stories that drive ROI.
- Consider yourself a ‘builder’
You love the idea of having ownership over your impact and having the floor to speak up when you see a better way of doing things. Your ideas matter here.
- Love working remotely
You’re good with communicating with a team that’s primarily online (Slack, email), and don’t mind video calls, either.
- Don’t think ‘sales’ is a dirty word
You feel good about helping great clients get even better results.
- Are proactive and organized
Nobody has to tell you to check in on things or wait for an update.
- You like the idea of growing a small business into a world-beater
We’re not an enterprise company with thousands of employees—we’re a tight-knit team where everyone has a voice and every role is critical to our success.
Other (interesting) details
- This is a full-time, salaried role: $60,000 – $70,000
- 4 years experience in a client-facing/client-management role ideal
- Fully-remote, but regular business hours
- Health Spending Account after 90 days of employment
- 3 weeks paid vacation