To use exceptional creative abilities to prepare conceptual designs, develop final, secure line work, illustrations and digital files for the production of a wide range of security documents.
- Creation of conceptual models and detailed production linework for security product designs including banknotes, travel documents, identity documents, certificates, cards and stamps;
- Contribute to ongoing development of new security features implemented through novel design applications;
- Review conceptual designs with production staff and implement recommendations for production compliance;
- Provide operational maintenance of the design system, which includes file management;
- Interface with Corporate sales management staff and with customers, as required, to understand design requirements;
- Prepare and present design models or proofs for customer presentation;
- Participate, as required, in the approval process during press proof trials and initial production runs to achieve customer sign-off;
- Conduct research, prepare images and artwork for concept designs, created final origination files for production.
- Graphic Arts or Design diploma or degree from a recognized arts program or Apprenticeship program and/or relevant working experience in the field of security products design;
- 8+ years experience in design, freehand and computer assisted, in security products design;
- Design and composition skills;
- Engraving skills are an asset;
- Knowledge of security features, security printing, security line work and associated processes;
- Understanding of Security Print production processes and requirements;
- Technical proficiency in a PC environment with a Microsoft Windows operating system;
- Proficiency with specialized security design software (JURA JSP, Giori “One”);
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign or related software;
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral, written and listening). Other languages are an asset;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently, without supervision and relate well in a team environment;
- Organizational skills and a strong understanding of deadlines and commitment to schedules;
- Good research skills;
- Creative problem solving skills.
Additional Skills and Attributes:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited is committed to achieving a skilled and diversified workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We encourage applications from women, visible minorities, people with disabilities and Aboriginal people.
No phone calls or agencies, please.