AbeBooks.com - part of the Amazon.com Inc. group of companies - is looking for a highly analytical Marketing Specialist to join our marketing team. This position is based at our headquarters in Victoria, BC, Canada reporting to the Manager, Traffic and Acquisition. We also have a European office in Dusseldorf, Germany and from these two locations we run seven international web sites: AbeBooks.com, AbeBooks.co.uk, AbeBooks.de, AbeBooks.fr, AbeBooks.it, IberLibro.com and ZVAB.com. The Marketing Specialist, Search will be specifically responsible for free and paid search programs globally for the AbeBooks and ZVAB websites.
This position offers a great opportunity for an insatiable, results-oriented individual who thrives in an extremely customer- focused and metrics-driven environment. If you have relentless desire to drive process and product improvements we have the career you′re looking for!
Key responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
The Marketing Specialist, Search is responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of the AbeBooks Free & Paid Search channel globally, working in-conjunction with other Marketing Specialists and Product Managers, including: developing the channel strategies and tactics to achieve sales goals, defining any product development requirements and business requirements, driving the creation of a strong reporting framework; and working closely with engineering and creative teams to maximize sales in the most effective way.
- Achieve quantitative and qualitative goals set for the free & paid search channel including sales, traffic and level of efficiency.
- Manage the Free Search traffic including making recommendations to the merchandising team, monitoring, day-to-day tasks and ensuring that the service provided meets the high quality standards of AbeBooks.
- Have the ability to dive deep on Search data to understand changes in performance and trends, to translate analytical findings into concise business actions and recommendations.
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing Specialist, Pay-per-click on the day-to-day management of the Paid Search channel including bid adjustments, writing ad copy & campaign management.
- Work with the Customer Experience Team to drive product improvements for free & paid search entry-page customer experience across all web sites.
- Coordinate with the design and merchandising team on landing page best practices, content direction and static content management.
- Propose and develop a reliable, efficient and actionable set of KPIs to be used within the Marketing Team and to be distributed to the Senior Management Team on a periodical basis.
- Be on top of current technologies, emerging search engine technology and new developments within the search engine optimization field.
- Basic Qualifications:
- You have a degree in a relevant field and/or two more years of comparable experience.
- Experience in one or more Online Marketing channels (affiliates, search, email, social media).
- You are adept at retrieving and analyzing data to answer business questions and deliver results.
- You must thrive on solving problems, improving processes, and increasing efficiencies.
- You communicate clearly and effectively across all levels of the organization.
- You juggle multiple competing priorities simultaneously with apparent ease and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You have experience extracting data via SQL and data manipulation.
- Your precise attention to detail and innate desire for excellence is infectious to those around you.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills and are a metrics driven decision maker.
- Your technical and business savvy allow you to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization and get things done.
- You have proficient computer skills including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, and intermediate knowledge of the Internet and E-commerce.
- You have an absolute passion for ensuring a world-class Customer Experience.
- You are business minded, with the ability to rationalize cost and benefit of projects.
- You are technically oriented, with an understanding of system limitations or requirements that will assist in producing strong, efficient and workable product suggestions.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- You are fluent in a second language of French, German, Italian, or Spanish.
- You have experience working with a technical development team.
- You have experience with setting project priorities, and championing Online Marketing Projects.
AbeBooks provides competitive salaries and great benefits. If you enjoy constantly broadening your technical skills, building software that affects users around the world, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity and product innovation, please complete the attached application form.
We appreciate your interest in AbeBooks.