OUTTv, Canada’s LGBTQ broadcaster, is seeking a Scheduling Coordinator to join our marketing team. The successful candidate should be detail oriented, organized and have a strong interest in the TV and entertainment industry.
The Scheduling Coordinator will manage the assembly of OUTtv and OUTtvGo’s program schedules to align with priorities for audience and revenue growth. The Scheduling Coordinator is a key constituent of the marketing team and is responsible for drafting programming schedules, securing senior management approvals and managing the programming and schedule information.
This role requires communication and collaboration with the production, acquisition and marketing teams, as well as schedule dissemination to all relevant departments. The Scheduling Coordinator also participates in long-term planning for OUTtv and OUTtvGo and provides data-driven reports on broadcast performance.
- Manages the day-to-day scheduling of OUTtv broadcast and OUTtvGo SVOD and is responsible for submitting and maintaining the network’s schedules on a 24/7 basis
- Responsible for effective communication of network schedule planning and schedule changes across all departments
- Aids in the development of programming strategy and final compilation and submission of the OUTtv broadcast schedule
- Assists in efforts to align programming initiatives designed to increase audience and revenue
- Submits OUTtv monthly program logs to the CRTC
- Compiles and analyses Nielsen ratings
- Works closely with Marketing, Production, Finance and Acquisitions to evaluate program performance
- Works with Advertising team to prepare proposals
- Contribute new ideas and suggestions guided by OUTtv’s overall brand strategies, viewer response and the competitive landscape
- Translates the analysis and evaluation of trends in ratings and behavior into recommended actions and strategies
- Ensure delivery of marketing and publicity deliverables from producers, including synopses, key art work and photography, and logos
Experience, Required Skills and Education
- 0-2 years of experience in television or entertainment
- Bachelor or other post-secondary degree
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is helpful
- Interest and knowledge of the television and entertainment industry is desirable
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of organization
- Capable of working under pressure and meeting multiple deadlines
- Love of television and filmed content
- Must be able to work in a team environment with a flexible schedule
- Ability to learn and understand technical workflows
Applicants should also possess the following
- Ability to speak, read and write effectively in English
- Ability to work legally in Canada
- Ability to live in/commute to Vancouver, there is no relocation assistance for this position
Employees must adhere to all applicable OUTtv policies and procedures.
The above statements and intended to describe the general nature and level of work associated with this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be included in this role. The successful applicant may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.