Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, this position is responsible for all social media within the hotel and to complete administrative needs of the sales department.
Hotel Overview: Experiences are invited at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire (managed by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts), located in the heart of downtown Calgary in the midst of the city's most exciting shopping and recreation area. Our award-winning, 4-diamont, all-suite hotel's neighboring attractions include the Eau Claire Market, YMCA and Prince's Island Park - an extensive parkland which plays host to a multitude of Calgary festivals.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Provide accurate and efficient administrative support, including but not limited to, general correspondence, proposals and contracts, marketing initiatives for Business Travel Management and the Director of Sales & Marketing
- Taking ownership of payroll, ordering supplies, processing expense reports, accruals and messenger services
- Complete month end reports within a prescribed time frame
- Preparing site inspections
- Update marketing database and media lists and maintain account base through the property management system (ISAC)
- Coordinate the advertising, marketing and promotional initiatives of the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
- Demonstrates an ability to drive online outreach across digital social channels and is well versed in current digital trends
- Strong tactical knowledge of all the social media channels, leveraging Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ & YouTube
- Plan and develop amplification campaigns in social media for marketing campaigns; Integrate social media plans into larger marketing campaigns.
- Manage social media calendars
- Respond to guest reviews on Trip Advisor, Yelp, hotels.com ensuring customer satisfaction is regularly monitored and resolve any outstanding issues to ensure future business
- Assist with design and complete coordination of marketing collateral within brand standard specifications and property standards
- Facilitate printing projects, mail merges, organization of resources for Account Managers
- Support the Director of Sales and Marketing with correspondence, research, organization of materials for annual budget marketing plan
- Knowledge of computerized Conference Service Systems preferred with emphasis on S&C, ISAC, meetings matrix
- Participate on hotel committees and represent the Sales Department in an active and energetic fashion
- Preparation of banquet event orders for internal meetings
- Monitoring and ordering of VIP gifts and menities
- Previous coordinator experience is an asset
Post secondary degree preferred
Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
Strong customer service skills
Exceptional organizational and task management abilities
Ability to work in a team environment while working independently with minimal supervision
Previous social media management responsibilities required
Must be proficient in the following programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Adobe Creative Suite specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
Typing skills – 50 wpm
A desire to pursue a career in Hotel Sales
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire is committed to an employment equity program that includes special measures to achieve diversity among staff. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 04.Sep.2015, 10:59:00 PM
Job Number: EAU00508