Sales & Marketing Administrator (Maternity Leave Contract)
The Sales & Marketing Administrator will assist the Electric & Controls Division in achieving its sales and marketing goals by maintaining up-to-date information in the Customer Relationship Management database, providing support to the client pre-qualification process and creating and updating sales tools. The Sales & Marketing Administrator will devise, implement and utilize documents and processes to achieve positive business results. This position is a Maternity Leave Contact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database. Assists employees in inputting sales and marketing of data. Ensures that all information in the CRM is current and accurate. Extracts sales reports and client lists from the database. Manages permissions for all employees.
- Assisting the sales team and branches with building appropriate sales toolkits for prospective clients.
- Obtains proposed labour rates from managers, inputs approved rates into a standard template and distributes to the required parties.
- Coordinates with internal departments to complete client pre-qualification documents in a timely manner and according to standards.
- Maintains proposal folders and the sales team’s shared directory.
- Develops bi-weekly sales meeting agenda and posts meeting minutes.
- Liaises with Marketing team to ensure marketing initiatives are in alignment.
- Assists in the creation of new tools for Tarpon’s marketing kit; updates materials as required. Thoroughly proof-read materials in order to ensure grammatical and content accuracy.
- Creates and updates existing print and online directories.
- Updates content on the Sales & Marketing sharepoint sites as required.
- Assists with trade show logistics, including sourcing, evaluating and planning the events.
- Maintains the company’s promotional goods inventory; sources new items; builds relationships with various promotional vendors.
- Assists in moderating Tarpon’s social media platforms (LinkedIn) and growing the company’s online exposure.
- Develops or assists in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations for client meetings, new business prospects, industry events and speaking engagements.
- Responsible to maintain and update the MSA master client list.
- Creates and updates Tarpon personnel resumes for use in requests for proposals.
- Assists the department with tasks related to client events.
- Complies with standards and procedures of the Tarpon Health & Safety Manual and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- College diploma in a relevant discipline such as Administrative Office Assistant.
- 3-4 years direct administrative experience is required.
- Must have in-depth understanding of company CRM applications.
- Advanced skills in MS Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint are required.
- Basic experience in HTML, SharePoint and Microsoft Project is an asset.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear, concise and confident manner.
- Proven ability to write and edit sales materials.
- Ability to manage and complete numerous projects under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to help others.
- Eagerness and ability to learn quickly.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Must have own transportation as location is not accessible with public transportation.