While reporting to the Operations manager, this position is responsible for driving and growing profitable sales for the Company You will provide hands-on leadership in selecting, developing, coaching and mentoring a high-performing Sales Team to exceed annual company goals for profitable revenue growth and provide leading edge customer support.
Provide hands-on leadership in selecting, developing, coaching and mentoring a high-performance Sales and Marketing Team, to meet or exceed specific goals for profitable revenue growth. This includes: setting goals; establishing a plan and implementing it; inspiring and motivating the Sales and Marketing Team; coaching and mentoring them to achieve their goals: i.e., establishing a planned program for sales coaching, working with Sales Team members on all aspects of the sales process (including technical support), making coaching sales calls with sales team members to provide feedback, assist with key account customers; monitoring progress and performance; creating training & development plans for sales team members.
Work collaboratively with Operations, Manufacturing, Product Management, Engineering, and Finance to achieve Company objectives.
Direct all sales and marketing activities within the assigned markets for achievement of short and long-term business objectives, increased profit, and market control; manage/drive the opportunity pipeline to ensure opportunities are processed effectively, efficiently and quickly; analyze the effectiveness of sales programs; recommend and implement changes based on findings.
Assist in the technical support of Titan products. This includes a strong technical understanding of Titan products as well as working collaboratively with the technical support functions/departments within Titan to achieve Titan’s customer service objective: Titan Logix Corp gives Total Customer Care (TLC gives TCC).
Oversee the development, management, and nurturing of new business accounts within the assigned accounts, to accomplish profit and revenue goals. The Sales Manager will be responsible for new product or new market introductions. Once a level of market penetration, sales and market/product/customer understanding is achieved, the Sales Manager will transition this new product or new market to the full Sales Team, and thereby lead them to achieve the company objectives.
Maintain contracts and relations with major accounts, vendors of third party products Titan sells, and distributors/dealers/repair shops (ie Channel Partners) of Titan products.
Prepare budgets, reports and forecasts and ensure they are presented in a timely manner. This includes regular reports on the progress of achieving sales revenue/profit objectives.
Control and monitor sales methods, key customer strategies and arrangements, by recommending prices, discount policies, credit arrangements, and conditions of sale.
In consultation with the appropriate internal resources, provide input to the development and implementation of compensation plans/programs for the Sales Team.
- 10+ years of sales experience in the transportation industry. Background may also include electronic/instrumentation industry sector
- Post Secondary education in a relevant field, Business, Marketing etc. is desirable
- Some technical background in Instrumentation or a related field preferred
- Formal Sales training
- 3 to 5 years leading a sales team across multiple territories and/or countries
- Exemplary coaching and mentoring skills (i.e., providing timely coaching, guidance, and feedback to ensure team members to excel on the job and meet key accountabilities).
- Sound business acumen (i.e., understanding and utilizing economic, financial and industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses; identifying key issues and developing strategies and plans).
- Change leadership skills (i.e., continuously seeking, or encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational problems and opportunities).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (e.g., use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence and build effective relationships with business partners – peers, functional partners, alliance partners, external vendors).
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills (i.e., ability to inspire and motivate the team to achieve sales and profit targets; training and developing the team to exceed customer expectations; communicating a vision of success to which the team want to be a part of).
- Ability to cultivate strategic customer relationships and ensure that the customer perspective is the driving force behind all value-added sales activities.
- Demonstrated positive attitude (i.e., in the face of difficult or challenging situations, providing an uplifting, realistic outlook on what the future holds and the opportunities it may present).
- Proficiency in MS Office programs.