North Sands is looking for a full-time Sales & Marketing Manager to be based in Calgary, Alberta.
North Sands provides comprehensive workforce transportation solutions to a range of companies operating in the natural resource development and heavy construction industries in Western Canada.
North Sands currently has an employment opportunity for an energetic, innovative and results driven sales and marketing professional that will be responsible for marketing North Sands logistics and air services to customers in the workforce sectors in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan. With a strong emphasis on Marketing, Sales and Customer Relationship Management (CRM), you will seek out new opportunities to promote North Sands as a logistics and shared services air-transportation provider, with a focus in the resource and resource service and supply sectors.
Reporting directly to the President, you will take an analytical and strategic sales and solutions oriented approach to expanding the customer base, growing key account revenues and increasing the diversity of the target industries. You will manage industry relations and work with professionals in the fields of procurement and travel services, developing a thorough understanding of customer’s key business issues, needs and targets as well as working to find solutions to their operational challenges. You will attend and represent North Sands at various Trade Shows and other events as either a delegate or an exhibitor.
With a medium to long term vision of establishing a multi-person Commercial Department, you should have experience building and managing a team to support continued growth and future expansion of North Sands.
You are a collaborative team player and demonstrate commitment to excellence and the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. You must also:
- be flexible to travel regularly;
- be willing to work a variable and flexible schedule to meet client and operational needs;
- have a strong presence in the local market, with existing leads and contacts in the target industries the Company serves;
- research, development and implementation marketing initiatives, including promotional; planning, direct marketing, website management, print and social media marketing and evaluate and report on their effectiveness;
- Prepare concise reports for internal and external requirements and present when required;
- Request for information (RFI) and request for proposal (RFP) bid preparation and submission;
- Contract administration including creating and distributing contracts and customizing agreements;
- Participate in the development and implementation of the North Sands business model and other new business ventures of the company; and
- Any such other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Company from time to time;
- identify, contact and establish relationships with project leads, developers and stakeholders within the target industries;
- Identify potential leads and develop the strategy needed to effect an agreement;
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Two to three years of general business experience, preferably with a focus on sales and marketing.
- Degree or diploma in business, marketing, or a related field.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Intermediate level of computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- Desktop publishing or print media experience is an asset.
- Experience in developing and implementing new systems and technologies is an asset.
- Aviation experience or knowledge is an asset.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Ability to research, analyze findings, and interpret trends.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective interpersonal skills including the ability to build effective working relationships and influence others.
- Resourceful, efficient, organized and detail orientated.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High level of professionalism.
Interested applicants should apply online with their cover letter and resume. Please indicate in your application how your experience meets the requirements of the position.
We wish to thank everyone who applies but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.