Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager, the Sales and Marketing Coordinator (SMC) will work as a key member of the Client Services team working closely with subject matter experts. The SMC will be responsible for creating and updating documentation submitted to industry publications, technical forums and seminars. In addition, will work with technical teams to design and write technical papers, training guides, presentations and promotional materials.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assisting in proposals and bids
- Assisting in technical documents
- Marketing Support
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
Assisting in proposals and bids
- The SMC is responsible for the preparation of formal bids and proposals, ensuring professionalism and accuracy in every document that is produced
- Support account managers and Imaging Managers in the preparation of formal bids and proposals for land and marine processing projects
- Ensure that the technical descriptions (workflows, deliverables, and background material) are current, accurate clear and relevant to the client’s needs
- Maintain a consistent format for technical proposals and bids. Uphold adherence to proper approvals and reviews for all bids
- Assists the processors in preparing project reports for delivery to clients
- Works in close contact with legal, tax and insurance departments to produce bids and proposals
Assisting in technical Documents
- The SMC assists the Research and Development community to prepare technical documents that adhere to quality control procedures and documentation standards.
- Monitors technological developments in the area of technical documentation and keeps up to date with the latest tools available.
- Provides assistance to other users on specific documentation tools
- Assist to prepare draft technical documents adhering to quality control procedures and documentation standards
- Participates in implementing projects that require analyzing user needs (eg. Research into “usability testing” documentation
- The SMC will be a valuable support person for the marketing team in developing marketing materials, technical descriptions for new services and general support in regards to technical writing.
- Support local marketing staff as needed to review/revise technical descriptions for presentations, symposiums, etc
- Develop technical descriptions for new services
- Develop marketing materials such as white papers to help clients understand benefits of processing services, especially new services and locally relevant services
- Assist in market, client and competitor research and generate reports
- Assist in creation of quarterly newsletter with articles about new technologies, social events and other relevant information to clients
- Assist in trade shows, company events
Knowledge and Skills
- BS / BA or higher in a scientific discipline
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of experience in a related field
- Knowledge and experience in the oil and gas industry is preferred
- Experience in writing and editing technical documents is considered an asset
- Experience in MS Words, Excel, PowerPoint …
- Excellent communication with team
- Excellent work ethic, demonstrating dependable and trustworthy traits, and practicing personal and professional integrity at all times
- Polished written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail and expression of complex ideas simply and clearly
- Proven time management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask and handle competing priorities efficiently and effectively
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in teams
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the employee in this job. They are not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principle job elements for defining expected performance and making fair pay decisions about the job. This job supersedes all prior job descriptions for this position.
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.