Crossroads International — one of Canada’s foremost international co-operation organizations — has been fighting inequality for more than 50 years. We do this by bringing people together in common cause, to create lasting solutions to overcome poverty and advance women’s rights.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced fundraising professional who believes in our mission and wants to make a difference.
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The Resource Development Officer leads the donor and alumni engagement program. A tech savvy, highly organized self-starter, the Resource Development Officer is an effective communicator focused on building supportive relationships with volunteers and donors. With the support of the Director External Relations, you will initiate and manage all aspects of the annual program including: acquisition, direct mail, telefundraising, online peer to peer campaigns, alumni and donor recognition and engagement strategies including events. French language skills are an asset.
- Post secondary degree (BA) with formal fund raising qualifications or equivalent experience
- Three years’ experience in fundraising
- Demonstrated experience coordinating annual fund programs including direct mail, online fundraising, events, donor recognition and stewardship
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and high proficiency in French
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge
- Superb organizational, analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Respect high level of confidentiality
- High degree of computer literacy with experience in social media, design and web software an asset (InDesign, Photoshop, HTML, etc.)
Position Type: Full time contract to March 2014 with possibility of renewal
Salary: $46,151 - $55,381
Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in Southern Africa, West Africa and South America. Crossroads supports women, youth and the rural poor, who are often marginalized in the economy and left out of the decisions that affect their lives. We work as equals with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence.