Regional Social Media & Digital Manager
Reporting to the Regional Director of Internet Marketing, the Reg. Social Media & Digital Manager is responsible for increasing our regional, property-specific and destination brand awareness via digital and social marketing campaigns. This role is integral to establishing a 360 degree regional digital strategy that will integrate all four properties and all key departments. The manager has a passion for social media, is highly collaborative, has a balance of creative flare and analytic backbone, and thrives in a fast past environment.
Hotel Overview: For over 125 years, The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation. With 768 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, 78,000 square feet of expansive conference facilities, and one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career. This is a vibrant workplace with tremendous growth and mentorship opportunities; a place for colleagues who aspire to deliver amazing guest service, learn, grow and innovate.
The Rocky Mountain lifestyle doesn’t disappoint. Just a 1-hour drive from Calgary, Banff uniquely blends a community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It’s all at your doorstep; this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations. Our welcoming community is cultural, and dynamic.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Regional Director, Internet Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- The Manager has a passion for multimedia social content
- Demonstrates an ability to drive online outreach across digital social channels and is well versed in current digital trends
- Creative thinker with organizational skills, the Social Media & Digital Manager continuously improves the region’s social media reach across our current 28 channels (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn and Google+.)
- The manager will be responsible for researching new social media channels and platforms, testing and adopting new social media tactics
- Ongoing development of SM standards and processes
- Plan effective social media influencer programs
- Plan and develop amplification campaigns in social media for marketing campaigns; Integrate social media plans into larger marketing campaigns.
Assess, scope, and plan social deliverables
- Prepare measurement and impact reports summarizing the results of social media campaigns
- Manage social media calendars
- Support 24-7 listening and monitoring programs and reporting
- Develop the talents of team members - Sharing and training said tactics with the social media committees at the respective properties
- Responsible for enabling committee members, initiating healthy competition amongst the committee members and the respective property committees
- Strong communication skills will support the SMM’s need to build relationships with team members in all key departments and with all strategic destination partners
- Link building, digital asset optimization (DAO), social media optimization (SMO), social media integration, content direction, conversion rate optimization
- Support & train social media selling skills in T&L Sales and Group Sales managers
- Coordinate regional marketing opportunities that support all 4 properties
- Working with property marketing managers, lead the GDW planning to position longhaul offers
- Identifying and aligning offers from properties and the segments targeted (eg: Ski, Golf, Summer Outdoor, Family Spring Break, etc
- Collecting content and generating copy for the blasts
- Identifying opportunities & coordinating regional campaigns with local partners, DMO & PMO, etc (eg: Travel Alberta Blasts, ad opps.)
- Integrate/align branding efforts across e-marketing and on-line advertising initiatives
- Ad creative
- Drive digital ad campaigns across Twitter, Facebook, TripAdvisor, GDN, etc.
- Define campaign scopes and schedules
- Identify campaign KPIs
- Assist in the tracking, tagging and trafficking of creative
- Reports on ROI, benchmarks & other campaign successes/failures
- Monitor trends in marketing, applications, and emerging device opportunities
- Develop video ad campaigns
- New mobile targeting, weather triggers, etc.
- Proximity targeting applications (set up & drive Beacon dashboards)
- Assist in establishing regional SOPs (internal processes, In Touch emails, digital signage & messaging)
- Working with e-Commerce to support Regional Group Sales needs (online placements & ad opportunities)
- Managing Alberta Regional page updates
- Building content as necessary for regional landing pages, on the regional site etc.
- Managing regional online ad campaigns for any regionally aligned offers
- Identifying and developing partner opportunities key to resorts
- Insuring online campaigns are consistent with offline (offer, flight times, creative, etc)
- Assist with the development of marketing budgets (to insure RM regional offers are forecasted
- Provide support in strategic planning, market research, presentation development and any other additional requests as required
- Regional Director of Internet Marketing
- Social Media Committees
- Exec Dir of Sales and Marketing
- Directors of Sales and Marketing
- Regional Director of Tour & Leisure Development
- Manager, Content & Business development
- Regional Director of PR & Director of PR (CWR)
- Marketing Managers
- Special Event Managers
- Strong communication and written skills
- Familiarity with:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Google Analytics
- SocialBaker or other social media analytics tools
- Hootsuite or other social media monitoring dashboard
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.