Reporting to the Marketing Director - Print Program and Regional, the Regional Marketing Manager will be in charge of promoting their territory’s distinguishing features with regards to competition, climate and consumer behaviour. The candidate will need to work in close collaboration with the National Advertising Print program managers and the people in charge of Operations and Marketing for a designated territory in order to efficiently implement the marketing plan.
- Develop creative, efficient and results-oriented local and regional marketing strategies for Western Canada (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba).
- Set up an annual plan and carry it out in collaboration with Operations and Purchasing.
- Coordinate the preparation of several activities related to topics such as content, product selection and media.
- Help with implementing the national strategic plan in concert with the regional action plan and related efforts.
- Ensure all store opening and post-opening sale support plans are well carried out.
- Analyze event outcomes and drawing up appropriate recommendations for increasing effectiveness.
- Collaborate in carrying out promotions, produce newspaper and radio ads.
- Analyze the retail market with regards to RONA banners and the competition.
- BBA, Marketing Degree (or the equivalent in years of experience in that field)
- 5 years experience in Relational Marketing or in having held a similar Product
- 1 to 3 years experience in retail (an asset)
- A keen sense of responsibility and effective stress management skills
- Some basic general management skills: planning, organizing, monitoring
- A great deal of initiative, creativity and flexibility when dealing with major changes
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Being a team player
- Both official languages written and spoken
- Basic skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Occasional travelling