Role Description and Overview:
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Brand Development, the Regional Brand Development Manager will represent the interests of the Brewery in their respective market. With a focus on driving awareness, affinity for the brand and volume driving programming, the BDM will work alongside the Regional Labatt team and provide support in all related customer and consumer programs and events. The BDM will be the resident expert on the brand, each beer in the portfolio and the unique selling proposition it delivers. The BDM will build relationships with customers, consumers and the Labatt Sales & Management team, training the sales team on products, culture and innovations.
Scope of Role:
- Coordinate and perform ongoing product portfolio, culture and innovation training with in-market sales personnel. Ensure that each member of the sales team is current and fully versed on product features and benefits with a clear, concise USP related to competitive brands sold in the market.
- Provide regular in-field support to members of the Labatt sales team via tandem selling. Using factual and impactful craft beer segment and specific data to assist the field sales team in making a compelling sales case in both the retail and on premise channels.
- Complete the customer staff training program in retail and on premise sales channels. Ensure that at conclusion all relevant key selling factoids are top of mind for staff.
- Identify brand appropriate consumer events and sponsorship opportunities in the market. Liaise with internal marketing and sales stakeholders to secure approved consumer events and sponsorship opportunities.
- Recruit, train, and provide leadership and direction for required part-time events and sampling team members. BDM will lead in executing and organizing presence at all events.
- In coordination with marketing team and applicable Labatt departments, design and assist in implementation of brand building and visibility programs.
- Monitor usage and implementation of field sales tool resources. Assist with allocation recommendations
- Maintain and submit a monthly brand activity plan flowing from the annual plan and specific KPIs.
- Complete and submit a measurement and evaluation report on all executed activities and programs.
- Demonstrates a passion for all things craft beer and specifically Mill Street.
- Has completed at minimum the level 1 Cicerone program.
- A Minimum of 3 years sales / marketing experience in a CPG environment with a proven track record of results.
- Has the ability to work in a ‘satellite’ capacity and take decisive ownership of the business. Must be a self-starter!
- Possesses a ‘can do’ attitude with a defined and urgent bias for action.
- Dynamic business acumen. Able to deliver high quality results in varying capacities (sales and marketing) and channels.
- Possesses outstanding time management and multi-tasking capability.
- Strong problem solving skills and the initiative to adapt and overcome in the face of adversity.
- Ability to grasp strategies and create tools and tactics for in field execution.
- Experience in building detailed business plans with required resources and estimated R.O.I.
- A natural ‘Bridge Builder’ committed to building effective internal and external relationships with key stakeholders.
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.