Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is the 45th largest company in Canada and the largest non-financial co-operative in the country. We are also the largest company in Saskatchewan with record sales of $10.8 billion and net earnings from operations of $656 million in 2014.
FCL, with its home office in Saskatoon, SK, is a unique multi-billion-dollar wholesaling, manufacturing, marketing and administrative co-operative owned by 210 autonomous retail co-operatives across western Canada. Together, FCL and those local retail co-operatives form the Co-operative Retailing System (CRS). The CRS serves our members and communities with products and services that help build, feed and fuel individuals from Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and Canada's far north. Our combined total workforce of 24,500 employees serves 1.6 million active individual members and many more non-member customers at 2,500 retail locations in more than 500 communities. We are a different kind of business: we are locally invested, are community-minded and offer lifetime membership benefits including patronage refunds, quality products, quality services and fair prices.
FCL invites applications for the position of Region Petroleum Marketing Manager in our Edmonton Region Office located in Edmonton, Alberta.
The Region Petroleum Marketing Manager will be responsible for guiding and advising retail co-ops in the areas of petroleum promotions and programs, marketing plan development, facility development, training, environmental and technical assistance to achieve budgeted retail petroleum and lubricant sales while managing petroleum pricing programs such as pump discounts and farm rebates. They are accountable for managing a team of Region Petroleum Marketing employees that work with retail co-ops in designated territories. They will provide leadership and coaching to this team to further develop their careers through training and increased responsibility. Other duties include managing, forecasting and budgeting Region Petroleum sales and expenses. The Region Petroleum Marketing Manager will identify retail employees with potential for more responsibility and provide the training necessary to increase their knowledge base and to provide the CRS with a competent level of future Gas Bar and Bulk Petroleum Managers. Approximate annual travel of 60%.
Reporting to the Region Associate Vice President (Edmonton Region), responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Responsible for identifying, planning, feasibility studies, development, approval and monitoring the progress of new and upgraded retail co-op petroleum facility projects. This planning involves assessing markets for new opportunities, ensuring the project meets Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) standards, and also to ensure the project capitalizes on markets that have no Co-op presence or are underdeveloped.
- Responsible for managing Petroleum Marketing activities to increase sales and profitability of the region retail co-operatives. This involves retail interaction to procure feedback on program success, assistance in facility development, implementation of petroleum programs, developing marketing plans, Co-op brand development and recognition, providing technical, environmental and training assistance.
- Manage, coach and train a team of Petroleum Marketing employees in career development.
- Responsible for advising and guiding retails in areas of marketing, technical assistance and training.
- Provide Retail Co-ops with guidance and advice on retail petroleum operations and TEMPO/Reseller accounts. This includes forming relationships with retail General Managers and Petroleum Managers.
- Work with retails to realize a consistently high level of service, cleanliness, merchandising, and maintenance standards by implementing programs to achieve this.
- Build relationships with existing and potential Tempo/Reseller accounts and, when appropriate, work with Home Office to develop and secure a supply agreement based on their needs and potential sales volume, with most offers including financing for petroleum upgrades.
- Manage pump gas and farm pricing programs, with suggested petroleum price recommendations to retails, as well as managing pump discounts and farm rebates to ensure profitability and competitiveness for retails.
The successful candidate will have a University degree with a preference given to business, engineering or agriculture majors. Five to seven years of experience in the petroleum industry is required which includes a minimum of three years in a management role.
*A COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE MAY BE CONSIDERED.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.
Please Apply Online on or before September 25, 2015