Public Relations Manager full-time
1-888-WOW-1DAY! Painting is the sister company to 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, an internationally recognized brand that has franchises throughout North America and Australia. Guided by our clear company vision, our vibrant team and dynamic, goal-oriented culture, we are all about success, growth, and fun! We have an exciting, goal-oriented people culture and offer a spirited, yet hard-working environment to new employees.
We recognize that every member of our team is a vital contributor to our success. High performance is expected, achieved and rewarded. Our culture of achievement is grounded in hard work, fun, professionalism, enthusiasm and teamwork. 1-888-WOW-1DAY! Painting is dedicated to helping its employees realize and fulfill their potential.
The PR Manager role:
1-888-WOW-1DAY! Painting is looking for a public relations professional to complement our high-energy, performance-driven PR team and help us build our brand to the next level. The focus of the position is on pitching the media, media research, coordinating community events, writing press releases, and social media. Solid experience in either public relations or journalism is a must. A sales background would be a strong asset. Terrific organizational skills, self-motivation, and a passionate team spirit are essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the media to generate positive press about the 1-888-WOW-1DAY! Painting brand
- Provide full public relations support to 1-888-WOW-1DAY! Painting franchise partners and Head Office
- Pitch story angles to regional and national media
- Write and distribute press releases and public service announcements
- Work with both franchise partners and Head Office to develop new PR strategies, creative angles, and PR campaigns
- Assist with PR-related administrative duties
- Develop prospective media targets and contacts through extensive research
- Drive and facilitate community events on all scales
- Implement social media strategies and maintain social media tools, such as a blog, Facebook, and Twitter
You are a highly motivated, energetic and outgoing individual with excellent communication and administrative skills to join our team. You're a quick study and have a strong understanding of public relations. Your writing skills are one of your strongest assets, and you have a working knowledge of social media tools. Your approach is very hands-on and you're always coming up with great ideas. You have a preference for an aggressive, entrepreneurial company where change and variety are a part of life.
- Excellent communication and phone skills
- Experience writing for, and pitching, the media
- Superb writing skills, preferably through journalism experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Social media experience
- Sales background is an asset