- Are you an experienced Public Relations or Marketing professional?
- Come work with an industry leader!
- Enjoy competitive compensation, full benefits, and bonus program!
About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, we are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
Based in Victoria, BC with a satellite office in Alabama, we are proud to offer our team an environment that facilitates fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work/life balance. A career with us gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically-oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built Staten Island ferries, as well as a myriad of both international and US defense projects. The ability to see the results of your efforts in the real world is what makes a career with SSI so rewarding.
In 2013, SSI was awarded the VIATec award for Business of the Year in Ocean Products - a true testament to our success within the industry. For more information, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
Currently, SSI is looking for a Public Relations Coordinator to join our team in Victoria, BC.
- Creating all client and marketing facing written media, and writing, proofreading and editing all marketing materials
- Writing technical white papers for presentation at conferences
- Creating PowerPoint presentations
- Planning and purchasing online and print advertising
- Conducting interviews with clients and SSI staff regarding content for editorials, press releases, and testimonials
- Writing and promoting the publication of editorials and press releases through various media sources
- Editing and proofreading blog posts and materials written by management, and creating and updating web pages
- Assisting with the development of marketing strategies and annual marketing plans
- Updating all CRM and HubSpot contact information as required
- Providing Reseller support regarding publicity of their marketing initiatives
- Monitoring media productions for applicable industry articles
Our ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree in Communications or a related field plus a minimum of 3 years of public relations or marketing experience.
You will also possess:
- A demonstratable aptitude for easily adopting multiple software applications
- Familiarity with HubSpot marketing software
- Previous CRM experience (such as Maximizer, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience with AGILE as a business methodology (familiarity with SCRUM and/or KANBAN frameworks is an asset)
- Knowledge of the shipbuilding industry (asset)
If you are a seasoned writer with public relations and marketing experience, this could be the role for you!
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of our success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up our team. Although the work may be challenging, we foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- A casual, relaxed work environment
- Flexible work hours that support a work-life balance
- Seasonal social events (Friday pub lunches, potlucks, Pi day, Christmas parties, theme days, and more)
- Paid time off to attend blood donation drives
Upon joining SSI, you can expect to receive a competitive annual salary depending on skills and experience, plus great employee benefits, including:
- ParaMedical, Dental, and Vision
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – Apply to SSI today!