Eagle is a leading Canadian staffing firm offering clients contract and permanent staffing solutions. Eagle’s strong national presence, prestigious client list, and exceptional recruiting processes have enabled Eagle to become one of Canada’s premiere staffing firms.
Our Ottawa office has an immediate opening for a Proposal Writer. Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the successful candidate will be an individual with an eye for detail and who excels in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
At Eagle, you will be supported by superior business processes, state of the art recruiting and candidate management technology and a team of top notch staffing professionals. We offer a competitive salary and bonus plan, continuing education allowance, and an excellent benefit package as well as a work/life balance program.
As one of Canada's "50 Best Managed Companies", Eagle prides itself in offering our employees an exciting, fast-paced, corporate environment that emphasizes teamwork and fun!
As part of the Proposal Team, you will work with a variety of managers and internal clients to develop proposals from early conception through to production and delivery.
You will be responsible for:
- Responding to public and private sector RFI (Requests for Information), RFP (Requests for Proposal); Requests for Quotations (RFQ) and unsolicited bids;
- Reviewing proposal requirements, clarifying content and highlighting areas of concern;
- The conceptualization and writing of assigned proposals, including development of proposal outlines, schedules, content, graphics;
- Coordinating the preparation of proposals;
- Writing, editing, and reviewing proposals;
- The development and continuous improvement of the proposal process, structure and format, win strategies, competitive analysis, compliance matrices, and proposal presentations; and
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Skills & Qualifications
Our successful candidate will have a “can-do” attitude and possess:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Experience coordinating/writing/preparing proposals;
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills;
- Practical experience with responding to public and private sector RFI (Requests for Information), RFP (Requests for Proposal) Requests for Quotations (RFQ) and unsolicited bids;
- A strong understanding of the proposal process;
- Extensive working knowledge of document production using Microsoft Word and the ability to manage large documents;
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel;
- The ability to work under pressure, as part of a cohesive team;
- Staffing Industry experience would be considered an asset;
- Fluency in French and English would be considered assets.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job ID: 40596