Are you an editor, managing editor, or publishing/marketing coordinator who is looking to join a stable, dynamic company that offers excellent growth potential? Do you like the challenge of turning technical information from various experts into clear, eye-catching, and professional publications that win business, impress clients, and build on a strong corporate brand?
As the Proposal Writer/Coordinator for McElhanney's Surrey Engineering Office, you will use your expertise in writing, editing, and publishing to coordinate and produce business proposals, as well as reports, presentations, and other marketing materials.
- Compile, write, edit, and proofread technical content from a team of various subject matter experts and transform it into clear and impactful proposals that support the corporate brand and business objectives
- Use exceptional organizational skills to coordinate the production of long documents within tight deadlines
- Collaborate with graphic designers and proposal writers based in our Vancouver and Surrey offices to co-ordinate eye-catching proposals, as well as reports, presentations, award submissions and other marketing materials
- Work with the corporate marketing team to accomplish company-wide marketing goals
- Degree or diploma in publishing, marketing, communications, or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in proposal development, publishing long documents (such as magazines), or equivalent
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills for accuracy, quality, and messaging
- Solid experience in Microsoft Office; print design experience using Adobe InDesign, as well as Illustrator and Photoshop, will be an advantage
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with changing priorities
- Superior teamwork abilities
Established in 1910, McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. is a Canadian employee-owned company offering top-quality engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. At McElhanney, you are working within a strong team that is well-established in the local industry. Our employees value working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and great team of professionals.
McElhanney’s Surrey Engineering group is a multi-disciplinary professional office currently involved in many high profile infrastructure projects. We enjoy a high level of job satisfaction due to solid team effort and a positive corporate culture. Located on the 23rd floor of Central City Tower, our modern office space is near the SkyTrain and readily accessible via public transit.
McElhanney is committed to the principles of equity in employment.