The Proposal/Marketing Assistant reports to and assists the Marketing Coordinator, Southern Alberta, in the company’s regional marketing communications efforts. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining all marketing communications support systems, including proposals and statements of qualifications, and special marketing programs.
The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing. As with all positions at Stuart Olson, everyone is expected to help out in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Coordination and preparation of all proposals and statements of qualifications. Work includes organization, non-technical writing as necessary, coordinating other sections written by pursuit team members, proofreading, coordinating typing, graphics, printing, and distributing.
- Records maintenance including categorized lists by project type; photos and slides; staff resumes and photos; data sheets; and standard proposal components such as: introductions, organizational structure, company history and services. This responsibility must also encompass the development and maintenance of a reference and retrieval system.
- Graphics coordination including the preparation of charts, layouts and diagrams. Assistance in the development and maintenance of promotional materials in alignment with company standards, including graphics; brochures; and general and specialized collateral materials.
- Assistance in the development of special marketing programs including advertising and mail; brochure and promotional materials; mailing list maintenance; and all other associated work.
- Performance of other duties as assigned by the Marketing Coordinator, Southern Alberta.
• Applicants are asked to submit 3 to 5 writing samples along with their resume and cover letter;
• As part of the hiring process, candidates being seriously considered will also be tested on their skills with certain Adobe applications at our Calgary office, with a particular emphasis on Adobe InDesign CC; and
• Experience in the architecture, engineering or construction industries is an asset.
• 5+ years’ marketing communications experience, preferably in professional services marketing;
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under tight timelines and within budget guidelines with minimum supervision;
• Experience in trade show and event coordination;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
• Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe InDesign CC, Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC, MS Word and Excel.
Why Choose Stuart Olson?
Safety, Sustainability, Collaboration, and Integrity are core Company values that encourage innovation and make a lasting difference in meeting the goals of our stakeholders and the communities in which we operate. Stuart Olson strongly supports and encourages employees to get involved and give back in their local communities. We expect our employees to bring their best to work every day and in return, management recognizes and rewards employees for their valued contribution through competitive compensation, robust benefits, health & wellness programs, and learning development opportunities. At Stuart Olson we are committed to creating a culture built on a passion to do great things.
Who We Are?
Stuart Olson has been positively impacting the businesses we serve, the communities in which we operate, and the lives we touch since 1911. Our rich history demonstrates our reach and diversity as an integrated, full service organization serving the commercial and industrial markets.
We are a $1.2 billion, fully integrated commercial construction and industrial services provider with offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. We deliver confidence through a client-centered approach that ensures the highest quality of service, reduces risk and delivers results.