Position Details: (7-14 hrs/week, business hours only) weekdays
Probation Period: December 2, 2013 – February 31, 2014
Contract Term: March 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014
Taendem Agency (www.taendem.com) is a boutique firm that provides consultation, project management, and business operations—including marketing and event logistics—to creative small business owners such as photographers, videographers, designers, public speakers, and digital publishers.
Taendem Agency is looking for an organized, detail-oriented Project Coordinator to join its Vancouver team of freelance contractors for 1-2 days a week (schedule to be negotiated).
If you love to rock a checklist, eradicate chaos, help other people get stuff done, and dig creative people and projects, then you just might be interested in this position.
Learn more about the owner on his blog: www.corwinhiebert.com.
- Assists with the creation and tracking of online project plans – you’re a planning nerd who knows the importance of the big picture, but loves to focus on the nitty gritty details of how to get there
- Supports the creation and management of project budgets and expense tracking – you like playing with other people’s money (in a good way)
- Gathers sales data and produces reports and statistics – you’re no math wiz, but Excel formulas don’t scare you: =SUM(((E2+F2+G2+H2)*10%)/2) if you know what we mean, “ . . . nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more!”
- Responds professionally to inbound email inquiries – your friendly, and our goods with grammars/spellings stuphs ; )
- Schedules meetings, performs administrative tasks, runs errands, and organizes digital and paper files – you’ve been there, done that, and don’t mind doing it yet again
- Attends in-person meetings from time to time (internal, as well as with clients) to assist with note taking and planning – you dress and act like a groovy person
- Handles order fulfillment (shipping) for online sales – you’re cool with having a small box or two in your house
- Seeks ways to improve project management processes and practices – you’re game to contribute to the big picture and create your own job security J (we’re a small company; impress us and who knows what could happen)
- Performs research as required – you’re a fast “Googler”, and filling in spreadsheets is a secret hobby of yours
- Laughs at the owners confusing jokes, treats clients like kings and queens , and effectively collaborates with other humanoids – you’re funny and witty, kind and caring, structured and artistic-ish
- Lives in Vancouver, British Columbia (Canada)
- Great organizational and people skills
- Successfully completed post-secondary education, ideally in a business administration and/or visual arts program; or has equivalent work experience
- Computer literate, types 60+WPM, and able to work with various types of software (Microsoft Excel/Word, Mac Pages/Numbers, Adobe Acrobat)
- Be familiar with (or not scared of) online tools such as: Smartsheet.com, DropBox.com, PayPal.com, Wordpress.com, Mailchimp.com, Surveymonkey.com, Freshbooks.com, Eventbrite.ca, etc.
- Self-directed worker who owns a computer and a cell phone (equipment stipend will be offered)
- Access to a car or co-op vehicle for occasional errands (mileage will be covered)