STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 800 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
We currently have an opening for a Program Manager, Digital Marketing, Paid Media and Analytics at our head office in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Associate Director, Ecommerce & Digital the successful candidate will enable STEMCELL Technologies’ online marketing efforts – including search engine and social media advertising (PPC), search engine optimization (SEO), and grow analytics portfolio – with a strong focus towards generating leads and improving conversion rates. Combining an aptitude for the technical aspects involved in online marketing with the ability to design content that resonates with researchers, the Program Manager, Digital Marketing, Paid Media and Analytics will head programs that convert our audience as well as educate and enable internal stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage marketing efforts on search engine and social media advertising platforms, while coordinating campaign planning and execution.
- Advise cross-functional teams of Sales, Marketing, and Research & Development colleagues to develop digital marketing and content strategies.
- Devise search engine optimization strategies and set keyword targets, while overseeing code and content improvements using monitoring tools.
- Maintain analytics platforms, establish KPIs and report on effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of digital marketing campaigns. Analyze, review, and regularly report on the effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results, as well as revise plans accordingly.
- Create and deliver training that develops internal capacity for designing and measuring impactful digital marketing campaigns.
- Develop operational plans and activities to deliver against strategic objectives with a planning horizon of 1 - 2 years and report on their success to senior management.
- University degree in biology or related scientific field, with a concentration in marketing or communications is an asset. Graduate-level education preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in digital marketing planning, execution and measurement, with a demonstrated track record of improving conversion rates through portfolios of PPC and SEO for a Business to Business (B2B) brand. Experience working in the biotechnology industry considered as an asset.
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in paid, owned, earned media management, and proficiency in inbound marketing theory and application.
- Proficiency with search engine marketing, social media advertising, and account management tools (e.g., Adwords, Bing Ads, Yahoo Gemini, Hootsuite, Salesforce Marketing Cloud).
- Strong presentation skills and ability to help internal departments / teams understand technical and strategic best practices for improving their digital marketing efforts.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines, including strong time management skills to assist others to meet deadlines.
- Keen editorial insight and superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in exercising judgment within undefined practices and procedures that may be incomplete or complex.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please visit https://www.stemcell.com/careers