Join our team, and make a difference!
Nestled in the heart of beautiful Stanley Park, the Vancouver Aquarium is a nonprofit society internationally recognized as a leading visitor attraction, and one of Canada's foremost centres for aquatic education, research and conservation.
The Production Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating all marketing services requests from various departments throughout the organization. He/she handles the development of the design studio schedule, management of projects through the internal system, purchase of any external requirements including photography/printing and final delivery to the internal client or media contact. The Production Manager strives to meet or exceed time, budget and creative quality expectations for all projects within a very busy in-house studio.
Successfully manages print/digital projects from initial briefing through to final delivery of materials by:
- Reviewing requests from various departments to ensure all information is complete and accurate;
- Developing the project schedule for weekly review with the marketing team;
- Managing the production of all projects including but not limited to Collateral (brochures, posters, coupons, etc.), print ads and other communications, internal signage for features, events and brand stories, web graphics for features, events and brand stories;
- Ensuring that graphic standards and approved organizational tone are reflected in all materials;
- Coordinating timely delivery of materials to internal client or appropriate media contact.
Strives to improve efficiency of process, resources and environmental standards within the design team by:
- Working proactively to find more effective ways to manage internal traffic flow of all projects while maintaining or improving the quality of work and employee satisfaction;
- Continuously reviewing opportunities with external suppliers to find lower cost/higher quality options that reduce our impact on the environment;
- Sharing all learning with the marketing team for discussion, analysis and implementation.
Consciously improves the overall organization and its processes by:
- Promptly aiding in emergency protocol;
- Maintaining and supporting organizational safety standards;
- Continually improving our impact on the environment and greening of operations by supporting our Environmental Management Systems (EMS) protocols;
- Performing additional duties as required.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of three years in a print/digital production/project management role within an agency or in-house design studio within an organization;
- Degree or diploma in a marketing/design related discipline is an asset.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who thrives in a challenging work environment and works calmly under pressure;
- Excellent project management and time management skills, with the ability to keep on task while managing day-to-day responsibilities;
- Strong attention to detail with all creative materials and operational workflow;
- Commitment to continuous process improvement, with an ability to solve problems creatively;
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills with internal clients and external printers and other suppliers;
- Ability to work independently to support project, team and organizational goals;
- Excellent communication skills -- both written and verbal;
- Thorough current knowledge of relevant print media, suppliers, new technologies and industry best practices;
- Ability to work cooperatively with a wide range of co-workers, internal clients and external suppliers;
- Strong motivation to continuously improve environmental standards;
- Active demonstration and alignment to the organization's commitment to the conservation of aquatic life.
- The incumbent works in a standard open office environment;
- The position is primarily non-physical;
- Works frequently under pressure, with deadlines and shifting priorities that may not be under the incumbent's control;
- Some flexibility in hours may be required from time to time in order to meet business needs.