How to Apply:
Applications can only be accepted online through the Ryerson Career Opportunities page. Click here to Apply Now!
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
As an employer, we’re working towards a people first culture and we're proud to have been selected as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employer for 2015, 2016, and 2017. To learn more about our work environment and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU, @RyersonHR, and @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
About University Relations
Telling the Ryerson story — that's the role of University Relations. Through a creative and integrated program of marketing, communications and government relations, University Relations works with partners inside and outside of the university to enhance the profile and reputation of Ryerson University.
Within University Relations, the Marketing and Creative Services team offers a suite of integrated marketing, branding, creative design, production and digital services to achieve strategic objectives and bring marketing initiatives to life. Our goal is to create high-quality marketing, advertising and communications solutions that enhance Ryerson’s brand and reputation, and to help promote our programs and vision - to be recognized as Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university.
We are seeking an experienced Production Coordinator who is a passionate graphic communications specialist with an eye for detail. You know the ins and outs of the print production industry and are keen to build internal and external relationships. Whether you’re crunching numbers, flagging errors, or identifying process improvements, you do it in the pursuit of production excellence. If keeping projects on track, on time, and on budget appeals to you, then this position might be a good fit. In this role, you will be coordinating the planning, development, scheduling and production of a variety of printed materials which reflect the University’s marketing communications strategy. You will also secure and maintain competitive suppliers for the production of these materials.
- Provides recommendations on suppliers, resources and processes of printed materials, maintains database and maintains currency industry trends and advances.
- Coordinates the production of all offset, digital and web print projects for internal clients and external print tendering process.
- Maintains database of all project files in the project management database (Robohead).
- Liaises with external suppliers to facilitate the completion of projects.
- Facilitates and supports budgetary estimates and financial tracking for the team.
- Maintains Ryerson’s Online Stationery Ordering System for official Ryerson business cards and stationery orders.
- Delegates tasks and assignments to student staff.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary diploma in graphic communications management and a minimum of five (5) years experience in print production coordination (e.g. offset, digital, and web print materials), including preparing tenders, analyzing project requirements, and effective project management and execution skills. Experience working in the public sector is an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working with MERX and Ontario Education Collaborative Marketplace (OECM) tendering systems, and knowledge of Canada Post procedures is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of graphic communications processes and technologies including: layout and typography, estimating, printing processes, binding and finishing, pre-media workflow, colour management, and workflow management.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (e.g.,. PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Experience maintaining databases (e.g., Robohead or a related database).
- Proficiency in MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Applications and Windows and MAC-based systems and software.
- Strong commitment to excellent client service and maintaining relationships with internal and external clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Effective organization, time management skills and the ability to work meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of online stationery ordering systems is an asset.
Equity and Community Inclusion at Ryerson University
Ryerson University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.