WestJet has reached a critical point of inflection as the Company looks to significantly expand its global network and double the size of the business over the next five years. As WestJet becomes more complex and challenging through this evolution, the need to simplify the complexity of our guest’s travel and vacation experience is imperative to our success.
At WestJet Vacations we enable fellow Canadians to take their well-earned vacations and create life long memories with their family and friends. We are passionate about our business and are honored to be Canada’s preferred Vacation Company. In 2017 and beyond, we will continue to focus on making our guests’ vacation experience the best it can be and go the extra mile to offer our guests the best deals from travel partners that care as much as we do
Reporting to the Director, Product the Product Marketing Specialist will further develop key partner relationships by creating and executing marketing opportunities that will enable WestJet Vacations (WVI) to be more strategic and competitive within the tour operator industry and align with the WestJet commercial strategy. This role will work collaboratively with product buyers and partners as well as cross functional matrix and internal teams, to ensure alignment of initiatives to achieve WestJet and WestJet Vacations marketing funding and revenue goals.
- Marketing project and process lead for WestJet Vacations (WVI) product to collaborate with all internal and matrix teams. This includes the Agency Marketing trade brochure, WestJet Vacations big five sales, loyalty/reward partner opportunities, WestJet Magazine, JetMail, Social media, wvi.com destination pages and retail deal and special offer content, creative/digital asset management.
- Negotiates breakdown of funds with strategic and % contribution (tier)partners to then execute and ensure fulfillment of marketing plans for assigned partners, using owned assets wherever possible, to drive results and offset costs for WestJet Vacations and WestJet.
- Decision maker and lead on product content placement and timelines to support WVI marketing initiatives, including wvi.com deals and landing pages, to ensure key messages and tactics align to support WestJet marketing strategic plans compliance and brand consistency (with a focus on the premium leisure traveler). Create, brief, and execute creative and administrative functions as required (including the WMO, WWAA, and Promo Module) and all marketing reporting. Communicate all initiatives for internal awareness and presentations to senior leadership as required.
- Seek new opportunities to expand WestJet Vacations partner % contribution (tier) and assigned strategic partners to contribute to expanding these relationships. Monitor, measure, analyze, and communicate on the performance and production of plans and success of placements, initiatives and campaigns.
- Support the Product team and Coop Destination marketing team as they work directly together on assigned larger campaign & strategic partners; the Retail marketing team as they build deal placements; and the marketing coordinators for estimation of monthly forecasting, PO establishment, and invoice payment.
- Support product buyers, revenue, marketing and sales teams as they work together to ensure override targets are achieved.
- Work collaboratively with Product and WVI leadership to ensure processes are streamlined and consistent and product is correct and ideally promoted in all mediums.
- Degree in marketing or communications, or equivalent experience (5+ years) in marketing/advertising and travel industry experience in product or marketing;
- Experience planning and executing campaigns across multiple mediums including tv broadcast, experiential, social, digital and out of home is essential;
- Ability to simultaneously manage all aspects of multiple projects while consistently meeting strategic objectives; meet deadlines by being highly organized and detail oriented; provide clear internal/external communication; follow through on tasks; and collect and provide measurable results. Proven track record in successful execution of cross-functional initiatives;
- Previous project management experience is a must to demonstrate the ability to do so from conceptualization to implementation with excellent execution. Strong background in defining and implementing new programs and initiatives;
- In-depth understanding of hotel partners, tourist boards, and tour operator business and experience in communicating with industry partners;
- Ability to travel to product buying shows as required;
- Excellent communication skills and relationship management skills, with the ability to bridge communication between product and internal/external stakeholders;
- Team player that exemplifies WestJet and WestJet Vacations team promises and product team high functioning values with a high standard of initiative and strong work ethic.
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.