LGM Financial Services Inc. (“LGM”) is ranked one of the Canada's Best Employers and Workplaces and is listed with PROFIT 500 as one of the fastest growing companies! As Canada’s best automotive partner, we will revolutionize the consumer ownership experience.
LGM is a national leader in providing warranty, finance and insurance services to the Canadian automotive industry. LGM brings innovation, quality, service and profitability to its dealer partners through a full suite of products and services distributed in a cutting-edge, ethical and transparent manner. Since 1998, LGM has been successfully supplying quality products backed by leading training and now supports over 1,200 Canadian franchised new car dealerships. Dealer partnerships are complemented with the strong backing and support of their automotive manufacturing brands, which include Volkswagen, Audi, BMW/MINI, Kia, Mazda, Hyundai and Mitsubishi Motors. LGM develops solutions that are win-win for all stakeholders including consumers, dealers, OEMs/manufacturers and underwriters.
The Product Specialist - Marketing is responsible for product and project management. The role acts as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a select group of automotive warranty and insurance products. This position has oversight for the product lifecycle and is responsible for gathering competitive intelligence, understanding market problems, developing consumer personas, prototyping products, recommending the distribution strategy, and executing on a take-to-market strategy.
The role is instrumental in working with the Product Managers and the rest of the organization to represent the passionate voice of the customer, the guru on all things product, and create market winning solutions for our OEM partners.
- Develop and implement go-to-market plans for product releases and manage the cross functional implementation of the product plan
- Collate, analyze, document and attain a thorough understanding of competitor information
- Program and work with the software development team to execute on any software build needs, oversee the system build, and manage the quality control testing process to ensure the product meets requirements
- Support the sales and training teams on product details, competitive information, and value proposition with sales tools, presentations, and management briefs
- Manage the creation and edits to warranty and insurance contracts, product guides, sales tools, collateral
- Provide input to future product plans by becoming the subject matter expert on the marketplace; helping to shape future product plans and direction
- In conjunction with the Manager, Product helps define and communicate value proposition, core positioning, differentiation, customer personas, and key marketing messages
What we are looking for:
Understands product lifecycle management and the principles of product development
Bilingual (French) - written and verbal, capable of reviewing translated documents. Although not essential, this skill is a material asset. Strong analytical and research abilities
Demonstrated success in administration, analysis and presentation of product information
Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple projects – work prioritization and planning
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Excellent technical writing ability
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or related discipline
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a product related role
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Bilingual a definite asset
- Knowledge of insurance, warranty or finance related products an asset
- Experience within the automotive industry an asset
We invest heavily in our people and as an organization we are committed to providing our employees opportunities for “stretch” assignments, career path planning and professional development. LGM is guided by its core values which define how you can expect everyone in the company to conduct themselves. Its commitment to these core values helps ensure the employee, the company, and clients are successful.
Integrity - Our actions and commitments demonstrate responsibility and accountability.
Respect - We value your time, diversity, candor and perspective.
Continuous Learning - Education and experiences are springboards for new possibilities.
Service Excellence - We are passionate about exceptional service experiences.
Giving Back - We care about our communities for the betterment of our world.
- We offer a highly competitive compensation package including: comprehensive health benefits plan, Group RRSP, performance bonus, education sponsorship, and four paid days when “giving back” to the community. Employees also receive a gym membership!
- Engaged, creative and highly skilled employees are hallmarks to our success. For eight consecutive years, LGM is ranked among Canada’s Best Workplaces by the Great Place to Work® Institute and recently we were ranked as one of Canada's Best Employers Aon-Platinum. Our employees make this possible with their unwavering commitment to nurturing a culture of innovation and collaboration.