LMI Technologies, recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Workplaces, is a medium-sized technology company built on a culture of openness, respect and professional excellence. At LMI our staff work passionately toward the common goal of designing and delivering innovative 3D machine vision solutions to OEMs and System Integrators working in industrial factory automation around the world. The result of this teamwork is high-performance, easy-to-implement and cost-effective 3D sensor technologies that deliver the best results in even the most challenging 3D inline inspection applications.
The Product Marketing Specialist will be responsible for developing product messaging and positioning for a product portfolio that emphasizes unique selling points in a way that sets us apart in the market. This person will play an integral role in all of our product releases by creating and presenting release materials to sales and marketing such as datasheets, brochures, web content, application content, training videos, and webinars. The ability to grasp and translate technical concepts into clear market propositions is critical to this role. Clear and effective communication is the cornerstone of this role including well written content. Functions performed in this role will range from: defining “go to market” plans, support for revenue targets by working on early adopter opportunities with sales, product/solution definition and positioning, sales force and potential partner training, product launches, and more. In addition, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter that can hit the ground running and is available to travel worldwide where needed to support sales and partner events.
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to coordinate and message new product launches.
- Communicate the value proposition of new products to the Marketing communication team.
- Lead sales training on new features; ensure all stakeholders facing customers are sufficiently prepared to communicate the value proposition of new features.
- Support Marketing with product marketing requests such as sales collaterals, demo videos, blog posts, etc.
- Develop product messaging that differentiates LMI’s products in the market.
- Create revenue generation campaigns to market to both existing and new customers
- Communication: Excel in both written and oral communication; effective interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Organized: Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously; can excel under tight deadlines, when needed.
- Self-Starter: A positive attitude is a must; willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Technical Translation: Ability to articulate abstract or highly technical concepts in clear, concise fashion.
- Cross-functional leadership: Proven ability to work closely with different teams, including product, engineering, sales, marketing, etc.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Marketing and Business Development in high-tech industry.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in science, business, communications or related field.
- Proven experience as a product/technology writer (samples of writing may be requested)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, presentation, customer service, business and negotiation skills.
- High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
- A thorough understanding of, and interest in, the machine vision industry
- Ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into customer benefits
- Ability to travel globally.
- Pragmatic Marketing certification is desirable