Product Marketing Specialist full-time
WHAT WE DO:
Speed Shift Media is a fast growing digital media technology company that powers next-level online display advertising solutions. Our cloud-based platform dynamically integrates advertiser inventory data with shoppers’ interests to deliver the most relevant automotive display ads possible. We leverage our sophisticated contextual and behavioural targeting, dynamic retargeting, and self-optimization technologies to ensure the right message always reaches the right user — maximum relevancy means maximum results.
As an indispensable member of the growing Marketing team, you will play an active role in the messaging and positioning of our core product – Auto Audience Network™ (AAN). You will leverage your strong relationships with internal stakeholders from Marketing, Sales, Product Management and Digital Media team to understand, develop and translate features of our products/services into sellable benefits that set us apart in the marketplace. Under the general guidance of the Director of Marketing, you will take ownership in the creation of all mid-funnel marketing materials, as well as to provide regular reporting of market research, trends and competitor analyses.
Our progressive, collaborative culture rewards hard work and initiative. We adopt a collective approach to building an industry-leading digital media technology company and empower our staff members to participate in creative and meaningful ways. So join us on our mission – you will be part of an exciting journey!
- Open door policy where your opinions are heard and valued
- Leading edge equipment
- Meaningful merit increases and performance bonuses
- RRSP Matching
- 100% employer paid group benefits, including MSP premiums
- Transit Subsidy
- Paid Gym Membership
- Monthly company sponsored social events
- Free fruits and drinks – all day long!
For more information on what is it like to work for us, be sure to check out our website!
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING TASKS
Key Accountability - Product Positioning and Messaging
- Collaborate with Product Management counterparts to develop expert understanding of the function, value and competitive differentiation of SSM’s products and services
- Translate technical capabilities into customer benefits
- Develop product messaging and core positioning that differentiates SSM’s products in the market
- Ensure all mid funnel customer-facing assets are sufficiently prepared to communicate the value proposition SSM’s products and services
Key Accountability - Market Research and Insights Gathering
- Analyze competitive and complementary products to drive strategy and positioning
- Research industry trends and gather customer input to identify customer-perceived value and enhancements to current features and functionality
- Research new and prospective customers through analysis of relevant marketing data and competitive business information
- Conduct interviews to quantify market trends, threats and changes in the market.
- Provide focused, market-driven feedback to the Product Management team on product and solution directions
Key Accountability - Sales & Marketing Operations
- Create product collateral and sales enablement materials to support sales efforts
- Prepare and coordinate with internal stakeholders on product introductions and updates
- Support various marketing programs, including: webinars, regional events and trade show messaging
Success in this role can be defined by the attainment in metrics related to: conversion rates from Lead to MQL, MQL to Opportunities, and Time to close.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION/TRAINING
- Post secondary education in Marketing, Communications or related discipline
- At least 3 years of professional Marketing experience in a technology company
- Experience conducting customer and prospect interviews
Nice to Haves:
- Certificate in Pragmatic Marketing – Foundations, Marketing & Launch
- Experience working in a B2B marketing space
- Experience researching, designing and developing market content
- Advanced knowledge of Hubspot marketing automation system
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Productivity software.
- Ability to grasp and translate technical concepts into clear market propositions for materials
- Ability to translate conversations into analytical and quantitative thought processes
- Proven ability to effectively summarize and distill large quantities of information in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent track record in developing effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated competence driving continuous improvement and operating with flexibility
- High level of resourcefulness, with a positive can-do attitude and demonstrated success working independently with limited supervision
- Solid problem solving skill to thoroughly evaluate situations, identify root causes and come up with creative solutions