Product Marketing Specialist full-time
As an indispensable member of the growing Marketing team, you will play a core role in the messaging and positioning of our core product – Auto Audience Network™ (AAN). You will leverage your strong relationships with internal stakeholders from Marketing, Sales, Product Management and Digital Media team to understand, develop and translate features of our products/services into sellable benefits that set us apart in the marketplace. Under the general guidance of the Director of Marketing, you will take ownership in the creation of all mid-funnel marketing materials, as well as to provide regular reporting of market research, trends and competitor analyses.
Our progressive, collaborative culture rewards hard work and initiative. We adopt a collective approach to building an industry-leading digital media technology company and empower our staff members to participate in creative and meaningful ways. So join us on our mission – you will be part of an exciting journey!
- Open door policy where your opinions are heard and valued
- Leading edge equipment
- Meaningful merit increases and performance bonuses
- RRSP Matching
- 100% employer paid group benefits, including MSP premiums
- Transit Subsidy
- Paid Gym Membership
- Monthly company sponsored social events
- Free fruits and drinks – all day long!
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING TASKS
Key Accountability - Product Positioning and Messaging
- Collaborate with Product Management counterparts to develop expert understanding of the function, value and competitive differentiation of SSM’s products and services
- Translate technical capabilities into customer benefits
- Develop product messaging and core positioning that differentiates SSM’s products in the market
- Ensure all mid funnel customer-facing assets are sufficiently prepared to communicate the value proposition SSM’s products and services
Key Accountability - Market Research and Insights Gathering
- Analyze competitive and complementary products to drive strategy and positioning
- Research industry trends and gather customer input to identify customer-perceived value and enhancements to current features and functionality
- Research new and prospective customers through analysis of relevant marketing data and competitive business information
- Conduct interviews to quantify market trends, threats and changes in the market.
- Provide focused, market-driven feedback to the Product Management team on product and solution directions
Key Accountability - Sales & Marketing Operations
- Create product collateral and sales enablement materials to support sales efforts
- Prepare and coordinate with internal stakeholders on product introductions and updates
- Support various marketing programs, including: webinars, regional events and trade show messaging
- Assist marketing team with collateral development, sales enablement, and product/service-related marketing programs
Success in this role can be defined by the attainment in metrics related to: conversion rates from Lead to MQL, MQL to Opportunities, and Time to close.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION/TRAINING
- Post secondary education in Marketing, Communications or related discipline
- At least 3 years of professional Marketing experience in a technology company
- Experience conducting customer and prospect interviews
Nice to Haves:
- Certificate in Pragmatic Marketing – Foundations, Marketing & Launch
- Experience working in a B2B marketing space
- Experience researching, designing and developing market content
- Advanced knowledge of Hubspot marketing automation system
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Productivity software.
- Ability to grasp and translate technical concepts into clear market propositions for materials
- Ability to translate conversations into analytical and quantitative thought processes
- Proven ability to effectively summarize and distill large quantities of information in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent track record in developing effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated competence driving continuous improvement and operating with flexibility
- High level of resourcefulness, with a positive can-do attitude and demonstrated success working independently with limited supervision
- Solid problem solving skill to thoroughly evaluate situations, identify root causes and come up with creative solutions