Product Manager (Optik TV) - MAR02432-12
TELUS is currently seeking a high-energy, results-oriented and a passionate person for the role of Product Manager, Optik TV. Your primary mandate will be to develop and launch new features and product enhancements to continue to advance the success of Optik TV. Supported by Manager, Video Products & Services, this role is a truly unique and an exciting opportunity for the right individual to help shape the future of the best TV services available anywhere. The successful candidate will be a part of a high performing and dynamic team responsible for the E2E delivery of advanced and innovative IPTV products and services. As Product Manager you will be accountable for all aspects of functionality, customer experience, business and operational metrics and KPIs for the assigned products. Self-starting, solutions focused individual who is able to motivate and manage people effectively without direct authority will be very successful in this role and dynamic environment.
- Contribute to formulation of IPTV product strategy and execution of the Optik TV platform
- Work with cross-functional internal teams and external vendors to deliver new features and enhancements to Optik TV
- Manage and prioritize ongoing improvements and enhancements to deployed products within your portfolio
- Develop then meet and exceed target client experience, operational and financial KPIs and jointly developed personal performance objectives
- Ensure ongoing learning and industry insight in the dynamic TV Entertainment environment
Summary of Overall Responsibilities:
- Provide need analysis and opportunity evaluations for product enhancements for Optik TV
- Assist in the overall Optik TV product roadmap development
- Develop Business Cases and KPIs for new products and services
- Manage and adapt the products you support in response to and in anticipation of competitive and industry activities and trends
- Act as an ambassador for Optik TV story across all TELUS areas
- Project management and coordination of extended TELUS teams (Customer Solutions, Technology Strategy, BTTO, TELUS Quebec, Finance, and Legal)
- Maintaining project budgets and assist with MLT submissions and required Gate reviews
- Work with external vendors on delivery of key projects and create and maintain relationships
- Assist in contract negotiations and service agreements
- Coordinate and manage regular business reviews with established vendors and partners
- Understanding of TV industry trends and products and services
- Solid understanding of IP Video Delivery Ecosystem and Video Quality parameters
- Strong understanding of project management disciplines and techniques
- Practical knowledge of product development methodologies
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Passion for the video, mobile, and the future of home entertainment user experience
- Must thrive in a team setting, demonstrating the ability to quickly build reliable relationships
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable with business modeling, budgeting and financial planning
- Working knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Keen eye for Video and Audio quality and good understanding of Home Theatre technologies
- Knowledge of Video Encoding technologies and industry standards
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Engineering, or Computer Science
- 5+ years experience in telecom environment with increasing levels of responsibility
- Product management experience is a definite asset
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly possibilities®
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.