Reporting to the Senior Manager of Content, the Product Content Copywriter is an integral part of the team that creates and administers web store content, store sign system content and flyer ad box content. You will be able to write in a comprehensive style and create copy with a thorough understanding of the writing style message and tone unique to the Best Buy/ Future Shop brand personalities. The Content Copywriter will bring a deep knowledge and understanding of SEO best practices and apply it to the art of writing compelling copy for buying guides, category page and sub pages, articles, micro sites and much more. You will work with management as well as the advertising/marketing department to keep in line with the communication style presented by the overall company brands. You will also work closely with our Product Content Analyst and the Content Team to facilitate the overall content production process. This is a great opportunity to join one of the fastest growing E-Commerce electronic retailers in Canada.
- Write compelling, strategic and persuasive product content copy – ensuring consistency, adherence to brand and content style standards, accuracy of spelling and grammar
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the writing style, message and tone unique to the brand and create copy that demonstrates the brand’s personality, ensures consistency and adherence to brand and content style standards, spelling and grammar.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of retail processes and procedures for writing customer help topics and FAQs
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices and principles, and apply these principles to practical applications. Write SEO content copy for buying guides, category and sub-category pages, brand stores and micro sites.
- Work with team to develop concepts and clear, concise copy in all media
- Engage in conceptual brainstorms and idea generation
- Collaborate with team to develop original creative content and solutions
- Communicate and present concepts both written and verbal
- Regularly collaborate with other copywriters
- Participate in ad hoc special projects as required, and other tasks as assigned
All requirements are based on 2 plus years of experience copywriting and include, but are not limited to the following:
- Writing and editing for marketing in copy/web/newsletters to different audiences
- Superior oral and written communication skills are a must
- Experience writing SEO copy with a solid understanding of keyword practices, research and analytics
- At least 6 months experience in a computerized office environment is preferred; product knowledge within this industry is an asset
- Excels at prioritizing, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable writing skills to suit the needs of various end-users
- Strong research skills and an acute attention to detail
- Passionate about writing, regardless of the topic
- Customer focused - demonstrates a genuine desire to help or serve internal or external customers, to anticipate and meet their ongoing needs, and teach others to do the same
- Degree or Diploma in Communications, Publishing or Marketing is required
- SEO knowledge and experience
Burnaby, BC based Best Buy Canada Ltd., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fortune 100 company Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY) and is one of Canada’s largest and most successful retailers. With more than 22,000 employees across the country, Best Buy Canada Ltd. operates the Future Shop (www.futureshop.ca) and Best Buy Canada (www.bestbuy.ca) brands, providing unique and distinct in-store and online consumer offerings, tailored to meet a diverse range of needs. We pride ourselves as being one of the best employers in the country. We offer a competitive benefits package and our Head Office employees enjoy great amenities at our South Burnaby location such as an in-house gym and restaurant facilities, free parking, shuttle service, in-house dry cleaning services and more.