Our client, a global Media Agency, is seeking a Jack/Jill-of-all-trades Senior Graphic & Presentation Designer (3-5+ years experience) who truly cares about making every project (no matter how big or small) look its absolute best. As part of the in-house design team, the Sr. Graphic Designer is responsible for a leadership role in the delivery of new business pitch design materials and other design initiatives across the company and its agencies.
SO WHAT DO DESIGNERS DO AT THIS AGENCY?
As part of an in-house design team, they're here for (literally) whatever the agency and its clients want/need. They’re responsible for making the company and its agencies look as slick, professional, ontrend and as amazing as possible. Projects can (and have been) everything up to and including:
• Epic PowerPoints (Not an oxymoron: a great designer can even make a PPT look gorgeous) • Books/brochures • Party/event design • Posters • Infographics • Presentation boards/other printed presentation materials • Email blasts • Logos • Social media creative • Websites/microsites • Creative brainstorming • Revamping & beautifying client-facing documents (Word, Excel) • Literally Anything Else. We take any request thrown at us and figure it out!
AND THE SENIOR DESIGNER ROLE SPECIFICALLY?
- You’d work closely with the Design Director and/or Project Manager to lead multi-faceted design projects on tight deadlines
- Produce strong design concepts and directions under a variety of brand guidelines
- Develop unique “co-branded” design guidelines on a projectby-project basis (merging two brands’ design styles into a single, cohesive visual language)
- Brief other designers on co-branded directions and act as ambassador for design quality/consistency throughout project
- Review and provide feedback for other designer/freelancers’ work
- Ensure design quality, consistency, and delivery by project deadlines
- Liaise with outside vendors/printers to ensure delivery against project timelines
- Aid in the conception and execution of other design/branding initiatives (event design, print materials, internal culture initiatives, etc)
WHAT DO I NEED TO ROCK THIS JOB?
Software & Hardware:
- Be fluent with the usual suspects (Adobe Suite)
- Microsoft Office Suite: Be able to (or willing to learn to) make magic happen with programs not created for the task.
- Comfortable on both Mac & PCs
Skills & Demeanor:
- 3-5+ years of experience as a designer
- An eye for layout and typography, and creative flair
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in the management of design projects from concept to completion
- Fluency in a range of design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign— Premiere or After Effects a plus)
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint specifically)
- No room for egos: If you’re “too good” to create beautiful design in a Microsoft app, we’re just not a good fit.
- You have a healthy respect for deadlines (and know 11:23 isn’t the same as 11)
- You read everything and pay attention to detail: please include your favourite ice cream flavour on your resume
- Knowledge of design for web & digital a plus
- You’re able to interpret facts, figures and data and turn them into visually appetizing design
- Comfort designing under tight deadlines • Previous agency experience an asset
The Talent Code is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in The Talent Code, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.