We're seeking a talented individual to manage our Theme Platform as part of Format, our online portfolio management solution product. This position is based out of our Toronto office.
Your role will be to manage every facet of the Theme Platform to ensure a consistently groundbreaking & best-in-class experience for users and viewers of themes across both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Continuously researching, evaluating, and proposing improvements to the Theme Platform.
- Direct involvement in building, refining, and polishing themes.
- Evaluating and recommending new and emerging technologies to enhance the themes and platform.
- Managing the theme development pipeline, including:
- soliciting new theme design proposals,
- coordinating the evaluation and selection of designs,
- ensuring selected theme designs and subsequent implementations meet all requirements,
- supervising the selection of changes and additions to the theme technology stack,
- coordinating the implementation of design, front-end, QA, and launch of themes,
- ensuring highest quality standards are met in all theme development
- Managing theme improvements, including:
- analyzing themes and recommending improvements,
- fielding and triaging improvement requests and bug reports,
- working closely with project managers to prioritize theme work tasks,
- ensuring updates are correct, robust, and well-tested
- Coordinating the theme launch schedule with the relevant company departments and ensuring launch dates are met.
- Developing theme design and development policies and procedures.
- Facilitate theme marketing and promotion.
- Ensure theme integration with the Format platform is constantly improved.
- Can transform design mockups into working web UX
- Can create modular, flexible, and maintainable CSS
- Comfortable facilitating between technology, creative, marketing, and executive teams.
- Strong software product lifecycle management experience.
- Track record of defining and launching successful software.
- The independence to manage, execute, and take initiative without supervision.
- Experience in SaaS/PaaS delivery models.
- A passion for stunning interactive experiences and a refined taste in web UX.
- An intimate familiarity with responsive web design standards.
- We're proudly self-funded which allows us to focus on delivering amazing products to our community.
- We pay competitive salaries and have a very flexible vacation policy.
- We offer benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability.
- We frequently celebrate hitting milestones after work (or in the middle of the day if it’s sunny).
- Some of our in-office perks include: flexible office hours, a desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear, curating what music gets played over our office speakers, and drinking as much espresso as you need - our bean subscription is from Detour Coffee.