Salary: $130,000.00 - $160,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Purchasing Managers (0113)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1E3 Canada
The Planning Manager will be responsible to ensure consistent execution of category open to buy plans. They will be the key in coordinating category, country and channel level analytics to ensure we optimize performance across all merchandising departments. As a manager, this role will ensure understanding and compliance with Company and departmental policies/procedures and internal controls The finer print • Develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of the brand • Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability • Direct the development of pre-season sales, gross margin and inventory plans that support product strategies • Prepare and participate in Merchandise Review meetings • Oversee the development, analysis, and revision of category assortment plans for sales, margin realization, inventory and profit (tops down and bottoms up). • Direct the financial success of the brand by meeting sales, comp, gross margin, maintained margin and inventory turn goals • Recommend seasonal merchandise flow strategies that maximize sales, profitability and customer expectations • Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities to business and recommend strategies to achieve financial goals; conduct hindsight analysis to incorporate learnings into current plans • Direct the partnership between planning and merchandising to develop and approve category assortment plans for season and analyze product history and current trends • Analyze financial performance to pre-season strategies and recommend strategic shifts, as required • Provide support to Merchandising to actively manage product assortment throughout season (inventory, MDs, etc.) • Participates in cross-functional initiatives to develop processes and systems to support the forecasting, replenishment and allocation activities necessary to support the brand. Represents business priorities with support organizations (Logistics, Finance, Merchandising) • Recruits and develops a high performance team including organization design, formal and informal training/coaching, leadership development and performance management.
- 10+ years experience in the apparel industry.
- Previous experience with merchandise and planning systems.
- Expert knowledge of Excel is required.
- Excellent team player as well as the ability to work independently.
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Extremely organized thorough and able to prioritize
- Detail orientated
- Strong ability to see the merchandise vision and translate the vision into viable plans.
- Results oriented – strong sense of motivation
- Self directed problem solver, proactive and resourceful
- Responsible, dependable and mature, with sound judgment
- Capable of effective multiple demand management from a variety of sources and adapts well to change.
- Ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback.