- Write and customize WordPress plugins and themes
- Collaborate with a talented and passionate team to build next generation social features
- Develop efficient and reusable front-end architectures
- Participate in design, code review, and best practices discussions
- Demonstrated experience building highly responsive consumer web application interfaces at scale
- Expert HTML/CSS coding skills
- Strong foundation in interaction design principles and web accessibility standards
- Deep knowledge of CSS-based design and cross-browser compatibility
- Solid understanding of web technologies (HTTP, Apache) and familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Experience using MySQL or a similar RDBMS
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
About Engineering at BiblioCommons
BiblioCommons offers an opportunity to work in an environment that combines the challenges and complexity of a large-scale, data-intensive application with the creativity and fun of a sophisticated consumer web offering, central to the daily web interactions of millions of users.
We’re a highly collaborative team that applies innovative solutions to challenging problems. We believe strongly in shipping code early and often, and investing heavily in automation to make that possible. We’re also committed to doing things right and always looking for ways to do them better. We take the time to optimize and redesign systems that aren't robust and scalable.
If the above sounds like you please fill out our online application form. Or, if you have an inspiring tech-savvy friend who you think would be a great addition to the BiblioCommons team, fill out our referral form.