Who are you?
You are a unique combination of sales and client services, comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Networking and meeting new people is your jam – building rapport is second nature to you. You are energized by conversation and collaboration. You believe strongly that asking the right questions is better than having a quick answer. You are an independent thinker, but live for working with others to tackle a challenge. You appreciate a good laugh, a good business sense and a good exposed brick. Looking to dedicate yourself professionally to the growth of something bigger than yourself, you know your next role must have a high degree of responsibility and freedom.
Who are we?
We are a digital branding agency based in downtown Vancouver. In a multi-device, multi-screen and multi-context digital world, our mission at Skyrocket is to create stuff that blurs the lines between product and service, the emotional and functional, the real world and the digital. Using best of breed tools and technologies, we deliver design and strategy that help our clients flourish. We love what we do, always pushing the envelope and always asking questions. We are a highly collaborative team in which everyone has the opportunity to take their work to the next level. The crew represents a wide and diverse range of skills and personalities that grants the office a unique charm. The brands and products we ship reflect everything we stand for, and our clients love us for it. We pride ourselves on representing our talented city in front of international partners.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a unique individual to establish and grow Skyrocket’s client partnerships. This role is business development grounded in a strong desire to elevate our clients’ businesses through brand and digital.
The Partnerships Manager will work alongside the Account Strategy team to identify areas of challenge and opportunity for active clients, in addition to re-engaging inactive clients. The individual will be proactive in making recommendations while also being responsive to client ideas, leveraging research and in-house expertise to put forward proposals on the behalf of the agency.
As a human, you embody the following traits:
- Relationships are everything to you – you pride yourself on the quality of your personal and professional bonds
- You care deeply about the people you work with, both internal and client-side
- You practice radical empathy - it is natural for you to view a position from the perspective of another person
- You listen - you know how to pick up on spoken and unspoken cues and respond accordingly
- You love identifying problems or challenges – and know how to get the full picture before prescribing a solution
- You have a keen ear for new business opportunities and understand how to quickly develop a strategy to present
- You are energized by people. Meeting new people, creating new contacts and interacting is part of your day to day experience
As a player in this capitalist society, you have:
- 5+ years experience selling agency or consulting services. Experience selling consulting services and/or design and development is a huge plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience with proposal writing and pitching
- Track record of managing multiple stakeholders representing both internal and external viewpoints
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the culture, work style, motivations, and business success factors of potential clients.
- Experience in account or project management is a plus.