CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting Part Time Unionized opportunity in the
Recreation Services Department for an experienced and motivated individual
PART TIME GRAPHIC ARTIST (Contract – Up to 12 Months)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
Responsible for providing graphic design services for the Recreation Services department, supporting the promotion of programs, services and events at community centres and the City Playhouse Theatre., Develops, produces and distributes the department’s print, digital and social media creative materials.. Provides graphic design support and assists in the maintenance of the department’s section of the City website (internal and external) as well as digital media (e.g., community centre televisions, RecApp, and social media sites). Develops and coordinates print and product price/bid quote specifications according to City procedures and protocols. Develops and maintains procedures, protocols and artwork ensuring departmental and City branding standards are maintained.
Qualifications and experience:
- Community College Diploma in Graphic Design, or suitable equivalent, working towards Registered Graphic Designer (RGD) designation.
- Has successfully completed the Registered Graphics Designer designation.
- A minimum of three to five (3-5) years’ experience in graphic design; creating print, digital and social media artwork/promotional materials, ranging from print to web applications, , including associated communications and ad copywriting.
- Ideally five (5) years’ experience in graphics design as above.
- Strong organizational, communication and graphic design skills, including familiarity with copy editing mark-ups.
- Experience in ad copy writing and social media management
- Demonstrated strong skills in grammar, problem-solving skills.
- Superior customer service skills including working collaboratively with staff teams, management/senior management, and external agencies.
- Proficiency in associated software including Desktop Publishing applications, specifically Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to work outside normal business hours as required and in accordance with the collective agreement
Application deadline: Wednesday May 3, 2017 (4:30 p.m.)
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.