We are looking for an enthusiastic & organized Online Content Manager who will be accountable designing, building, and implementing new web pages and websites, integrating website with back-end applications and performing day-to-day administration of Chartwell’s online portfolio. Note that this position is not required to write content.
This role is well-suited for a self-motivated team player with strong and timely problem-solving abilities. The successful candidate has the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment while managing and prioritizing multiple tasks.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Handling web development projects, coordinate content from cross-functional teams and publish content on the website(s);
- Participating in setting organizational web development strategy, including maximizing the benefits of Search Engine Optimizations;
- Defining website architecture and the overall website structure;
- Establishing policies and procedures for publishing web pages and application in conjunction with content creators;
- Ensuring web pages are up to date, accurate, and current with content owners;
- Providing system analysis and business analysis to development, communications, marketing and graphics teams;
- Developing, coding, installing, testing, debugging, and documenting web pages using appropriate editors;
- Building and deploying marketing newsletters and ensuring CASL compliance procedures are stringently followed;
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with existing web applications and websites;
- Completing thorough QA before launching any applications or modules & performing periodic website audits for quality assurance;
- Providing training for content management and Search Engine Optimization for business content managers;
- Participating in cross functional strategic meetings with integrated media teams;
- Providing project management & coordination support and be the ‘go to’ person for the team during major projects;
- Maintaining, managing and providing recommendations to improve the website;
- Coordinating with cross functional teams to gather content and other assets, design & develop web pages, perform cross browser/cross device compatibility checks + QA and publish once approved;
- Ensuring compliance with W3C standards, AODA, and Anti-spam legislations.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop & Fireworks;
- Experience with content management systems;
- Comprehensive experience with structuring, developing, and implementing interactive corporate websites;
- Understanding of SEO, UX principles, social media and email marketing;
- Post-secondary education in web media or marketing preferred;
- Experience working for a web/marketing agency is preferred;
- Excellent communication, relationship management, analytical, interpersonal and collaboration skills;
- Passion for design, interactivity, websites and digital media;
- Experience using analytics and data to inform design decisions and improve products iteratively.