Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0611)
318 Queen Street
Toronto, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
We lead the charge on the “who, what, when, where and why” for how lululemon shows up and how we are talking to media who count on us for product education, a connection to yoga and fitness, and to be engaged with inspiring local stories that shape our global brand. Whether introducing lululemon to new and emerging markets, or building on firmly established relationships, we educate and are the connection to story-doers that generate conversation.
The North America PR Director will be responsible for the strategic public relations efforts of lululemon in the United States, Canada and Mexico to drive the business and help grow the company. You will work alongside our North America Retail leaders to ensure PR strategies support our business objectives, and you’ll lead a team of PR managers in our maven markets, responsible for amplifying community stories and regionalizing product and brand initiatives. Keeping abreast of global initiatives, you’ll identify opportunities to localize those initiatives and build brand resonance in North America. You will also liaise with Global Internal Communications and Global Corporate Communications to support in-market where needed.
• You are the lead in developing integrated brand, community and product PR strategies in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
• You work alongside lululemon’s North America Retail leaders to identify consumer media opportunities that can support our business objectives across markets and communities.
• You develop and lead on new and dynamic public-facing initiatives that support the overarching goals of the organization in the areas of product innovation, education, and brand building.
• You create compelling product, brand and community messaging, and use your strong media relations skills to coach company spokespersons.
• You lead the strategic development and successful operations of communications strategies to highlight North America-specific retail partnerships, Initiatives, and announcements.
• You build authentic relationships with key media and industry influencers that result in authentic earned editorial in North America.
• You lead a team of PR managers in-market.
• You have responsibility to help ensure the Global PR agency, based in New York, performs at the highest levels and supports in the management of the agency based on initiative.
• You support our communities in media outreach and strategic planning.
• Bachelors degree required
• Have 15+ years of dynamic experience in public relations and experience working for a global organization.
• Have at least 8 years’ of experience managing a team.
• Have strong media relationships in North America and a strong understanding of the digital landscape.
• Have product and retail experience.
• Are experienced in building strategies and the thought of doing everything that you’ve learned a bit differently is energizing.
• Have experience managing agency relationships.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; and strong presentation skills.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses