The New Business Developer is the first point of contact with many of William Joseph’s new clients. This role requires a person who understands how to develop and expand a customer base through prospecting, qualifying and then arranging opportunities for prospective customers throughout a complex sales process.
1. DEVELOPS AND EXPANDS CLIENT BASE
- Works with strategy department to develop a comprehensive list of target clients.
- Researches and targets potential new opportunities in relation to William Joseph’s client demographic.
- Contacts potential customers by phone or through personal contacts introducing them to William Joseph, assessing their current marketing and communication activities.
- Responds to and follows up enquiries by post, e-mail, telephone, and by setting up a personal visit with himself/herself, CEO or General Manager.
- Maintains quotas set for new calls per week and tracks progress for evaluative purposes.
- Sends out William Joseph packages with introduction letters to interested clients on a daily basis.
- Liaises with General Manager and CEO to ensure that leads are appropriately followed.
2. AMBASSADOR FOR WILLIAM JOSEPH
- Acts as the first point of contact for many new clients.
- Presents a professional, knowledgeable demeanor to any and all potential William Joseph clients.
- Understands implicitly all William Joseph’s service offerings, imparting information about William Joseph to prospective clients.
- Plans, executes, attends and evaluates all trade shows, networking events and other functions, sometimes after regular business hours.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Cheerful and professional.
- Good sense of humour.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Creative and imaginative in day-to-day work.
- Works well independently and in a team environment.
- Good understanding of marketing, communications and advertising.
- Demonstrates success in pipeline development.
- Outgoing personality, self-motivated and able to work independently to develop a sales funnel.
- Understands how to route bureaucracy to speak to the right person in order to present William Joseph to the decision maker in any particular organization.
- Very organized with excellent time management skills to ensure that a solid pipeline is developed to maintain a steady flow of new client opportunities for William Joseph.
- Excellence in written and oral communication including outstanding presentation skills.
- Excellence in interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team building with strong problem solving skills related to program and account management.
- Relationship management skills; demonstrated skills in negotiation and leadership.
- Works well independently and as a team; motivated self-starter able to work in a client-focused environment.
- Possesses passion for his/her job, professionalism in his/her role and a drive to excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications and advertising.
- Proven experience in new business development roles
- Project management skills
- 3 – 5 year direct experience in an mid-senior/senior role within an advertising agency setting
William Joseph Communications is a full-service marketing and communications firm, headquartered in Calgary, with locations in Edmonton, Saskatoon and Las Vegas. We have delivered integrated marketing plans with demonstrable ROI for over 10 years. Our full-time, senior team has experience working with clients representing Canada’s leading business sectors.