The National Marketing Manager is part of the Marketing and Communications team at Norton Rose Fulbright in Canada with responsibility for all media relations activities in Alberta and communications initiatives for NRF Canada and Latin America.
- Manage all media relations requests in the Calgary office.
- Build strong working relationships with partners and associates to develop proactive story ideas; develop media pitches and releases
- Coordinate all aspects of the interview process (e.g. receive calls, create key messages, spokesperson preparation, supervise the interview and ensure that it follows our best practices)
- Routinely follow pertinent publications in order to communicate in a proactive manner ideas for articles to journalists
- Gain deep understanding of the key issues and developments in the legal environment and designated practice and sector areas.
- Build strong working relationships with legal, specialist and national media to assist in the media relations for the firm
- Organize activities that build relationships with journalists (breakfasts, lunches, coffee, special events)
- Undertake background research for new ideas and initiatives for obtaining positive coverage
- Take on all tasks linked to media activities (budget, communication plans, situation reports etc.)
- Begin, maintain and cultivate good relations with lawyers in the office
- In collaboration with the Business Development team, develop strategic marketing communications plans, pro-actively identify opportunities for client updates and seminars and provide analysis and suggestions on conferences, sponsorships and associations initiatives.
- Manage Canadian advertising campaigns, including feature ads, announcement ads, conference sponsorship ads and any other ad hoc advertising requests
- Develop strong and impactful copy for ads and work with graphic designers for the creative ensuring brand standards/consistency in all advertising
- Work with Marketing Director, Legal Talent team, firm designers and outside consultants to develop ad concepts for student recruitment
- Review and edit content for various Canadian, Latin American and global brochures, guides, fact sheets and other publications and adapt for Canadian and Latin American audience.
- University degree or diploma in media/public relations, communications, marketing or journalism
- Five - seven years of direct experience in media relations and strong knowledge in advertising
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to build trust amongst the partnership is vital; confidence, maturity and a “can do” attitude are essential
- A strong track record in media relations
- Strategic thinker and able to cope with complex specialist material and a challenging environment
- Bilingualism would be an asset
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Quick problem solver
- Experience in professional services will be considered a strong asset
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global legal practice. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa (incorporated as Deneys Reitz Inc) and Fulbright & Jaworski LLP, each of which is a separate legal entity, are members (‘the Norton Rose Fulbright members’) of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss Verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.