Learning and Teaching Commons
Competition No.: 215215
Closing Date: August 5, 2015
Please note: Most recent examples of your interactive portfolio is required with all applications, applications will not be reviewed without a submitted portfolio.
NAIT is one of Canada’s outstanding places to work, which follows from a culture of how we work together. This is reflected in our values respect, collaboration, celebration support and accountability. NAIT’s promise to Alberta is to provide relevant, high demanding and responsive advanced education programming.
Are you an experienced, talented individual with an innovative mind in the digital media world? Do you want to be part of a team of professionals that are fun, dynamic, and passionate about multimedia? If so, we may have the job for you. NAIT’s Learning and Teaching Commons (LTC) unit is a progressive workplace that focuses on multimedia design and development. The role is essential in the creation of digital learning objects and focuses on curriculum delivery in a variety of disciplines as well as delivery on mobile and tablet devices.
- As a multimedia developer, you are the resident guru who will be responsible for producing digital learning objects through NAIT”s learning management system, Moodle. You will collaborate with various diverse areas of NAIT to determine design needs and implement solutions to various projects. To keep up with trends in the digital world, you will engage in research, development, monitoring and analysis of production and education trends related to multimedia and the internet.
- To be successful in this position, you must possess excellent customer service, a sense of humor, written and oral communication and problem-solving skills, along with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a collaborative team environment. In addition, you have the attention to detail and the ability to perform a board range of simultaneous duties in a fast paced fun working environment. Come join the team and apply now!
- A diploma or degree focusing in front end interactive development and design (ex: Flash) as well as professional experience is required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Familiarity with the production processes used in creating multimedia components such as digital images, digital video, and interactive multimedia programming is also required.
- Knowledge of CreateJS and/or Unity (C#) would be considered an asset
- Project management experience is considered an asset
- Expert knowledge of the following program suites is essential: Adobe Create Cloud Programs and Microsoft Office Suite.
- A basic understanding of servers and networks is recommended.
- An understanding of cross-platform browser mobile and desktop issues is needed.
- Knowledge of FMS and streaming video would be an asset but not required.
- Knowledge of LMS, specifically Moodle would be an asset but not required.
Remuneration: $2,069.08 - $2,747.90 Bi-Weekly