Brookfield Financial is a global investment bank with expertise in real assets, particularly property, power and infrastructure. We have offices in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Europe, India and Australia. Established with a clear mandate to operate independently and profitably, we are owned by Brookfield Asset Management, a global asset manager with approximately $150 billion of assets under management. Brookfield Financial provides its clients with unsurpassed transaction execution skills, access to financial capital and global opportunity, and, when needed, the resources and expertise of Brookfield Asset Management.
This applicant will be an additional member within the existing Multimedia Team and will assist in the design and development of several marketing pieces for Brookfield Financial. The Designer we seek will be a detail-oriented, organized, multi-tasker, with a great sense of humor that is a highly flexible, independent, sharp thinker able to master procedures, assess guidelines and analyze needs quickly and efficiently within a very fast-paced, demanding environment. Considerable discretion, judgment and initiative are required in adhering to the processes and handling confidential material. Closing Date for Applications: August 20, 2012
- Use computer software to format and combine text, numerical data, photographs, charts, and other visual graphic elements to produce a wide variety of product offering and publication-ready material. This material includes confidential product offering materials, business cards, calendars, magazines, newsletters and newspapers, packaging, slides, and invitations.
- Create graphics to accompany text within a number of marketing pieces. Convert photographs and drawings into digital images and then manipulate those images as necessary.
- Design page layouts and/or format documents for consistency, populate and edit documents
- Arrange for graphics and printing requirements with third party suppliers.
- Manage workspaces within Portal 23, a custom-designed virtual data room that can manage, organize, track and protect your confidential information. The applicant will be taught to use this application however will be responsible to manage these workspaces.
- Translate or archival storage of electronic information onto compact disc and other storage media.
- Assist and collaborate with the Multimedia team members in respect of the print production and/or binding of a wide variety of marketing materials (complete training on relevant equipment will be provided on the firm’s premises).
- Create and maintain templates (for pitches, CIMs, letterhead, memos, etc.) across multiple software packages.
- Create Word and PowerPoint documents from handwritten, hardcopy printed and softcopy sources.
- Create and apply styles, maintain client’s branding and create custom document formats, tables, and layouts.
- Build and maintain Word, Excel and PowerPoint interconnected linked files, utilized by businesses to increase efficiencies and decrease errors.
- In Excel, provide basic graph formatting and branding adherence support.
On occasion, the supervisor may request your assistance with administrative tasks like answering the phones, planning events and other administrative tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and cohesive team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and work independently.
- Detail oriented self-starter with sound judgment skills and high level organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours eventually required to do shift work.
- A quick learner and willingness to learn new applications.
- Applicant must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be committed to professionalism.
5 years’ prior multimedia and desktop publishing experience for the corporate industry.
- High-level computer skills in Microsoft Office 2003 & 2007 and Adobe Creative Suite 4 & 5, with ability to design page layouts for several marketing pieces.
- Experience with Dreamweaver an asset but not mandatory.