How to Apply:
Applications can only be accepted online through the Ryerson Career Opportunities page. Click here to Apply Now!
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
As an employer, we’re working towards a people first culture and we're proud to have been selected as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employer for 2015, 2016, and 2017. To learn more about our work environment and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU, @RyersonHR, and @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
About University Relations
Telling the Ryerson story — that's the role of University Relations (UR). Through a creative and integrated program of marketing, communications and government relations, University Relations works with partners inside and outside of the university to enhance the profile and reputation of Ryerson University.
We are looking for a skilled Videographer that has a track record of producing engaging, creative and innovative content to join our team as a Multimedia Designer and Digital Editor. Using a wide range of multimedia tools, they will create, design, develop, edit and produce high quality and contemporary digital content, with an emphasis on video production. They will use creativity and innovation to translate concepts and ideas into a multimedia format to tell stories. The successful applicant will collaborate with team members, the UR Department and stakeholders throughout the University to effectively promote UR’s objectives and key messages.
- Participates in project planning and implementations including generating ideas and interpreting requirements from a design perspective.
- Designs and develops digital content production (i.e. Video production) including:
- Creates concepts, prepares storyboards, scripts and layouts according to the audience, budget, distribution venue, strategies and objectives.
- Visually engaging videos, motion graphics, infographics, gifs, icons, animations.
- Creates and edits video content and creates visual effects/elements to enhance storytelling.
- Coordinates and implements digital and graphic marketing and communications activities of UR to ensure they align with strategies and timelines and promote Ryerson
- Provides analytical and administrative support during the planning process, budgeting process and vendor evaluation.
- Collaboratives with team members, UR and the University to produce relevant and branded content that adheres to regulatory standards.
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma program in graphic design, multimedia design, visual communications, media production or related field is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of direct video and digital production experience in the following areas:
- Creating audio, video, gifs, animation, motion graphics, infographics; user experience and user design.
- Project coordination and administration to ensure timely delivery of quality work.
- Creating branded content that complies with regulatory standards (AODA, copyright, etc)
- Professional experience within a marketing/communications environment in a graphic design, digital content production, and/or advertising industry or similar.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge and application of graphic design including layout and composition, as related to web, print material, visual communication, typography, photography, video and motion graphics.
- Ability to streamline design variables in order to maximize output.
- Effective interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong commitment to client service and collaboration with team members, students, staff and faculty.
- Ability to prioritize work, work under pressure and coordinate multiple deadlines.
Equity and Community Inclusion at Ryerson University
Ryerson University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.