A Proficient Mobile User Experience Designer who works with project teams to design and deliver high quality client-centered, effective, consistent and usable interfaces.
To design the optimal client experience solution employs user-centered design principles and human factors as best practices. Typical scope would include supporting 1-4 projects (in size and complexity) that can include enterprise, public and secure transactional mobile applications for banking, investing and insurance. Will work as part of a cross-functional project team and could be the only designer on the team.
- Works closely with business analysts, business sponsors, project managers and IT teams to obtain and understand business requirements.
- Creates the design of user interface specifications, by applying client research, design standards, industry best practices, taking into account strategic business objectives, user needs, systems constraints.
- Participates in design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and getting approvals on designs and documentation.
- Executes business acceptance test cases
- Works with the project managers to ensure that usability deliverables accommodate project timelines, budgets, technical and scope constraints
- Possibly works on several projects at a time and provides regular status reporting to manager on all projects.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of efficient and effective usability methodology/process, documentation, workflow, ROI, metrics and design standards.
- Continuously develops self by staying current of industry trends and best practices.
- Acts as a user experience advocate regarding principles of user experience and user-centered design.
- Experience with both large and small scale mobile projects (full project lifecycle – would be an asset)
- Proven understanding of user-centered design techniques & demonstrated ability to incorporate UCD principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces
- Demonstrated ability in gathering and translating requirements from business sponsors, SMEs, users, and business analysts
- Expertise in creating, concepts, Axure wireframe specifications
- Experience with designing for transactional applications
- Experience applying usability testing techniques and principles
- Experience applying a mobile and tablet design standard
- Knowledge of mobile technologies (platforms, devices, HTML,CSS)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively
- Ability to provide creative solutions balancing user, business and technical needs
- University degree in human factors/usability related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years related human factors/usability working experience
- Experience with financial/investment/insurance applications is an asset
- Experience working within a large organization is an asset
- Experience working with Tablet applications is an asset
- Proficiency in creating PowerPoint and/or HTML prototypes an asset
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks an asset
- An understanding of accessibility design issues is an asset
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.