Merchandise Manager - lululemon (Vancouver)
NOC - 0113
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
The Merchandise Manager is accountable for creating merchandising strategies for lululemon across channels, as well as accountable for an assigned part of the product architecture and line plan. The merchandise manager represents lululemon in the creation of one line plan and works closely together with the design, VM and creation team to ensure the product is created within the end in mind vision and defined targets/kpi's are met.
Key responsibilities include working in a collaborative method with the X-Functional teams such as VM, Planning, Allocations, Logistics (DC), Store Operations (the "field"), Sourcing and Community Relations teams.
a day in the life of a Merchandise Manager
- owns pre season planning, initial line plan,buy review,capacity plan
- builds one product architecture and one line plan
- oversees execution of meltdown, line pass, budget reviews , capacity plans, buy, otb.
- accountable for merchandising strategies for lululemon, accountable for assigned part of the product architecture and line plan
- responsible for brand management, execution of guest experience against strategic merchandising vision
- works closely together with design and merchandise team to ensure concept to floor execution with end in mind
- define flow, pricing, initial attributing (store grouping, hot/cold, volume, region)
- responsible for giving product feedback during design reviews (wwdt, proto) & colorweek
- ensures targets are met (style count, imu, newness, wow, on time delivery)
- presents product overview to team
- attends weekly merchandise pod meetings for in season weekly business management (sales refinement, flow, md, reprice, consolidations, pullback, chase, cancelations)
- manages gates and deadlines as it relates to the gtm calendar
- leads in weekly merchandise and product pod meetings, m&r, quarterly product calls , buy review
- attends design rallies seasonally, works in stores weekly.
- trains, supports and develops merchants
- reports to gmm
The finer print
- 5-10+ years of experience in merchant or buyer role
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Strong leadership skills and understanding of pre-season planning, capacity planning and budget reviews
- Mastery of retail mathematics and Open to Buy
- Proficient with all programs in Microsoft Office 2007
- Willingness to learn various systems (including, but not limited to, MMS, Retail Ideas, Maple Lake, JDA) and is not dependent upon others for systems-related tasks such as re-pricing styles, re-routing or issuing POs, etc.